The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven

Life is not only about bending ali section to apply to Chummies, sometimes a complete Ruby demands a spin. So tickle the primer, turn it over by hand a couple of times, and it fires up immediately. Some pubs passed completely shut, some advertising Sunday carvery with full car parks.  This is Wales, no pubs were offering Scotch eggs. The Ruby behaved perfectly, with only one minor disappointment. There have been suggestions that one source of  oil leakage could be the housing for dyno drive/cooling fan. In a burst of optimism Dowty washers were applied in the hope of achieving oil tightness. The stop halfway allowed inspection, sadly showing that leakage had got worse. Still better than a total loss early JAP.
A lovely Mk.1 Ruby. I'm looking forwards to the completion of my wife's exactly similar model....it's not far off. Is that a giant reversing light I spot?
It is indeed a reversing light, which gets put back on when the clocks change. The reversing light is also put on for night nav events, when a sudden cry of "stop" by the navvy is followed by the need to turn round as soon as possible. Three point turns in country lanes or reversing into farm tracks are rather less stressful when the driver can see what is behind the car. Ah the old days, anyone else remember that competition sort of thing we used to have. Were there a couple of forum members at Bicester yesterday?
Yes had a glorious day in the sunshine, enjoyed the Driving Tests and didn't break anything. Did have a misfire after one test which involved five acceleration and reverses. Found that my oil change on Friday was a little enthusiastic and the surplus oil had sloshed up the first bore and fouled the spark plug. Quick dry off and regap and away we went. Fantastic blast home, the RTC is a joy at speed on a half decent road.
Lots of 7's there and a record entry of over 100 I believe. Clee Hill Trial next with any luck

Been painting the motor house recently. And adjusted the brakes yesterday.
The Polo, having 'blotted its copybook' yesterday, I took the Seven into Bala for a bit of essential shopping. I couldn't resist taking it for a small trundle out to Llandderfel to get the engine warm and to put some charge in the battery, as the car hasn't been out for a fortnight or so. Well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

.jpg   S010I002.JPG (Size: 132.5 KB / Downloads: 498)

At the War Memorial at Llanderfel
Right by the river, a beautiful spot and great road for a pootle...
Yes indeed, Ivor! I live in a particularly beautiful part of GB. And I have just noticed that I can’t spell “Llandderfel”!!
Over the past couple of days the weather hasn't been clement so I have been making tools, a clutch centering tool and a flywheel puller, as in the red book engine annexe.
The Austin hasn't been out for weeks, due to lockdown.

.jpg   IMG_3815 (2).jpg (Size: 58.31 KB / Downloads: 286)
.jpg   IMG_3815 (2).jpg (Size: 58.31 KB / Downloads: 286)
Friday visit to Worthing seafront !