The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Good work on the stoneguard Charles. 
Who was the supplier of the plating kit?
(06-10-2020, 07:45 PM)Robert Foreman Wrote: Good work on the stoneguard Charles. 
Who was the supplier of the plating kit?

Thanks Robert
It was a basic "Tec-Nick" one that I was given at least a decade ago as a present. Standard vintage dull nickel like the Dynic ones before it and the many of kits currently available elsewhere. I bought a bottle of additional brightener from Gateros for a fiver to give the brighter that finish I wanted.

Charles
Thanks Charles.
On my MG forum I recall a few years ago, unusual deposits in an engine - with no other damage or circumstance that would account for it. The cause ultimately proved to be children playing 'mechanic' and pouring something into the engine.
A mouse moved in to my spare engine and left some 'unusual deposits'...
With the return of brighter weather I decided to have a run out in the RP. However, before setting off I jacked all four wheels off the deck and adjusted the brakes as the new front linings had now bedded in. Isn't it nice to have a firm pedal and lots of reserve travel? The new woven high friction linings from Dave Cochrane really do seem to improve things (relatively of course)

Living out here in the sticks, the pace of life is a lot slower than in the UK big cities and things like Health & Safety and Traffic Management are only things that workmen have read about in books and never really have to pay attention to (until the merde hits the ventilateur). On my way round I came across a couple of engineers replacing a power cable, which in this neck of the woods tend to be strung from poles rather than buried, so I was forced to wait a few few minutes while the guy in the cherry picker finished doing what he was doing. Rather than getting frustrated, it's easier just to treat it as a short holiday...
(07-10-2020, 05:42 PM)Reckless Rat Wrote: With the return of brighter weather...

Damn! I must have missed that  Sad
There should have been a couple of photos to go with my last post :

[Image: 20201007-141513.jpg]

and a pic on the way round (just a small climb, but a nice view):

[Image: 20201007-140048.jpg]

On the way round I spotted these two old breakdown trucks in a repair yard. They look like ex US Army stuff, but I'm no expert...

[Image: 20201007-142840-1.jpg]

[Image: 20201007-142820-1.jpg]

The front one has been recently (in the last 10 years) registered so probably still serviceable. Don't know about the green one but it does have LED headlamps so perhaps it is too.
The traffic is like that on Skye.
When the restoration of our cottage was being done Jewsons truck did deliveries.
We were on a single track road and they parked the truck beside the fence and lifted stuff of with their crane, completely blocking the road.
When traffic came along people just get out of their cars and took the opportunity for a chat.
Only tourists got irritated.
Jim
This week we are mostly taking engines to bits;

[Image: triumph.jpg]

Sorry, I don't know why my images links aren't working correctly.