The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
It's a good question Dave, everything has been delivered to the door since mid March by local stockists, we are lucky to live in the suburbs of Glasgow.

For fruit and veg we use Glasgow Fruit Market.

The local dairy farmer delivers milk, cream butter and eggs twice a week.

We use a local butcher and fishmonger - comes to the door within 3 days of ordering.

I make my own bread (until it give me gout - true!), wine and cider. We managed to get some stock cupboard items delivered by Iceland, they do next day without the need for a slot (new shop to me).

It all works really well and we intend to continue using the people who helped us at very short notice as the quality is exceptionally good.

We have only just started to use the local Post Office - our very first shop since March.

Not going into shops has saved me a huge amount of time and my lock down was incredibly productive with three complete A7s rolling out the door as well as several engines this alongside my online and Key Worker Hub teaching commitments I was also home educating our own children.

I personally I have never been so busy, ever, and I am very happy to be.
The PJ 5222 number plate looked familiar !
Its on the Austin 7 saloon I purchased from Oxford Models.
A 1:76 model of the RP in Light Grey.
And KF 8047 is attached to my Oxford Models blue/black model Seven.
(22-07-2020, 07:55 PM)gezparton Wrote: The PJ 5222 number plate looked familiar !
Its on the Austin 7 saloon I purchased from Oxford Models.
A 1:76 model of the RP in Light Grey.
It's nice to see oxford's 7s with age appropriate number plates now. The black RP with  the age related number made me chuckle. As for the thread title... nothing today except wait for a patent plate to be delivered. Tis all back in one piece now and not too unhappy on a new battery.
Henry I particularly like the vintage colouring of the number plate numerals
And also the type of font used, or are they signwritten? I’d be interested to learn before I start wielding the paint brush or cutting out vinyl letters.

Either way, the plate finishes the car off beautifully.
I see, all we have delivered is milk and veg, for the rest the Seven gets it's weekly exercise to the supermarket, baker and butcher, all within 5 minutes by the Seven. I could do the shop within an hour with the reduced lock down traffic and no dawdling shoppers. Sue used to make bread but with such good bread available it wasn't worth it. Yes I've done all sorts of jobs that were a round toit. That's my car David.    
I went to the supermarket in the Austin again today. It seems to have become the norm as the only thing we have delivered is the milk.
At least it's guaranteed one run per week but as I often have to go into Boroughbridge to the post office, as long as it's dry I go in the "wee car".
(23-07-2020, 09:08 AM)Ivor Hawkins Wrote: And also the type of font used, or are they signwritten? I’d be interested to learn before I start wielding the paint brush or cutting out vinyl letters.

Either way, the plate finishes the car off beautifully.

It's a cheat! 

I did the artwork in Adobe Illustrator. A bit of messing around with a rather ugly combination of letters and numbers.

The main font is Myriad Pro but the 'J' is Arial, cropped at the top.

The numbers are resized to match the 'P' and there is kerning (space adjustment) of the whole lot. 

The vinyl letters were cut on a Roland sign cutter from APS Matt Sahara sign vinyl.

I must point out that I was responsible only for the number plates. All the important main work was done by Martin Whittaker in remarkably quick time.
The RP saloon has been out quite a lot since young Leon came to stay. Last Saturday we went up to Anglesey to visit his uncle, aunt and cousins. Yesterday we went over Pennant Melangell to visit the church of St Melangell, coming back via Lyn Efyrnwy. Today, we went to Llyn Celyn, after I had told him of the controversy it caused when built, driving round the lake through Arenig, Lydiardau and then through the lanes to Parc and thence home.