The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
attachment=10813]

Must have been a lot of essential needs requiring shopping in Abergavenny this morning

(Hmm, edit won't let me correct this, never mind at least it will not require the editing keyboard to take the Ruby off double yellow lines.)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(13-07-2020, 07:56 AM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: I'm not sure sure how the hole in the bodywork seems to line up with a perfect image of a driver in the gutter? Is he following you around in a Dinky toy?
Splash... just fell in! Funny that the photo is of a mate who drove the yellow peril and decided to use the photo as his profile pic on Facebook... so he's photo bombed my screen shots (I don't use fancy software to minimise the image sizes!)
Strangely, it was cloudy here this morning so I thought I would make the most of the ( slightly) cooler weather to get the RP out and give it a run round the block. The way home brought me through St Ambroix, the route that the Tour de France will take on 3rd September. Unfortunately I had forgotten that it was market day (I rarely know what day it is) and the place was rammed, both with tourists and traffic. It took me about 20 minutes to cover the kilometer or so through the town centre. Nevertheless after clearing the market place and the entrance to Lidl I hot a clear run up the hill out of town. The car was running really well and was quite happy to pull and even accelerate in top gear up the long and reasonably steep climb. And they say Austin Sevens have no performance! (Relatively)

This is at Aldborough a couple of days ago. Today? Out driving the seven again. Went to Lidl and a drive around the town. Getting used to driving it now. Getting used to double de-clutching again (worn synchros) and the engine is loosening up nicely.
Looking very good Andrew.

I repaired the puncture from the other day...

The rejuvenation of the Whittaker family RP is complete .......

What a cracking looking RP! I’ve been busy with new door skins and prepping for new paint..

Hi Henry
Very neat. Even got the crankhandle housing in the middle of the radiator hole. Would be curious of details of carrier mounting. My car has too heavy but well made aftermarket bumpers whch support a home made carrier. Most rear gaurds have been beaten out so amy times it is hard to know what they should look like! Despite the small size all cars seemed to suffer damage (even with bumpers!). I guess parking spaces were not all designated as now and persons fought for them.

Hi Ivor
Judging by the old paint colours, I am puzzled where the skin joins
Well spotted Bob! The news skins are plug welded about an inch and half below the waistline, hence the Red paint (not the original colour by the way) showing through and the skim of filler I have put on to level up the join.

I’ve decided to do the entire car black, so it has to be spot on.
I have to ask what did Ruairidh do for shopping? We did look at home delivery but we would have starved before we could get a delivery slot so the Seven went shopping.