The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Mr Hobday and myself do not have the opportunity to go to a pub at the moment, unless we got out our passports and went into darkest Herefordshire. That's why we keep busy with Sevens, installing dizzies and purchasing rear seat squabs.
I went out in my special to take some parcels to the post office in Boroughbridge this morning. When I returned to the car it was being scrutinised by a young chap who, it turned out, has a Cambridge which he uses for hill climbs. It was interesting to meet a young enthusiast with more than a passing interest in old cars who is only a couple of miles away, almost "in the parish".
The last time I met someone of his generation at the Punch Bowl meeting, he'd never heard of Austin sevens and had to google...
I think I know who the young chap with the Cambridge will have been, Duncan. His father has posted on here in the past. He also has a Box Saloon together with various other interesting vehicles.

Steve
Great Ouseburn?
OY crash repair.

The chassis components have been straightened, repaired and re-assembled.
Today in works grey (actually zinc chromate primer), black tomorrow.

(26-06-2020, 06:00 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: Great Ouseburn?

Yep. Mark and Adam Forster. Good people. 

Steve
Drove up to Buxton today to help a friend with the first start of his RN in 50 years, I kept my distance and yes the motor fired up OK.
First run out for quite a bit. Nice day. Thought I'd have a run out to see the lavender fields as they are now in full bloom. Overtook a VSP (voiture sans permis) and a Toyota Yaris Verso on the climb out of St Ambroix. RP was pulling 40mph in top. Well impressed, until the clutch slipped...

I've just repaired a mutilated RN sunshine roof stop which had been attacked with an angle grinder in order to remove it.
(26-06-2020, 08:00 PM)Dave Mann Wrote: Drove up to Buxton today to help a friend with the first start of his RN in 50 years, I kept my distance and yes the motor fired up OK.
Wonderful news - Robin's Restored RN Runs. Be good to see him using it on some runs in the - hopefully - near future.