The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
(21-06-2020, 05:18 PM)Charles P Wrote:
(18-06-2020, 11:28 AM)austin Wrote: In reply to Stuart Giles above:

It's my garage, looking a bit full at the moment as there is a Morris Minor 1000 undergoing major surgery in there as well, (along with a lot of other "stuff").

Austin, Austin, Austin. A nice garage ruined.
Garages are for cars and tools only.
Sheds are for mowers, bikes and domestic detritus. 
The minute that you bend or break that rule, the slippery slope is downwards.

Build a shed. Apply the rule firmly.

c

You are correct in many ways there Charles, two things that are currently on the list are a new shed for the garden that will mean lawnmower, bicycles can be rehomed. Secondly a garage "extension", (basically a lean to) on the side of the garage to act as a spares / storage area that means I can get the workshop space back to where it should be.
(22-06-2020, 01:04 PM)Rpm Wrote: Hey Zeto, Think The bloke is looking to rinse me of money. My own fault should have put the manifold on before using block and tackle. It was going so well. Think this little car doesn't want me to drive it but loves having money spent on him /her. Thanks for the heads up everyone regarding spark erosion procedure.
RPM

I have replaced broken manifold studs 'in situ' on a couple of occasions. I even have a couple of specially cut down drill bits to get in straight with the drill. Fortunately, I have a small Black and Decker D500 drill that will just fit into the engine compartment, but I have also recently acquired a right angled drill attachment for the big drill, should I ever need to do similar jobs in the future. Carefully centre punch the stud in the middle, drill out with a 1/8th inch drill as a pilot. Drill to size with a 7/32 in drill and tap out the hole (1/4BSF).
A really nifty trick in removing studs is a set of left handed drill bits, I was fortunate to acquire two sets from a friend in the USA, Cobalt brand. I run them in my 18V battery drill in reverse and just like David says, center punch carefully & then drill with a small pilot drill. The advantage of the left handed drill bits is that due to the heat they generate there comes a point where they usually grab the remaining bit of stud and it just unwinds out the threads & voila the stud remnant is out. Stick the end in the bench vice and gently wind the drill the other way to remove the remnant off the drill bit.

Carefully & with a steady hand and steady eye will do the trick

Ciao
Greig
Ok I know it was Saturday but i have been playing with the video editing tool Big Grin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gumDAqi9h6s&t=50s

This might work!
(Still got a bald patch though ! )
Like these Greig?
Exactly like those Nick, they cost a bit but were a great investment as they have already removed several broken studs quickly & easily.

Aye
Greig

Distributor posted to Willie McKenzie at the end of last week,  arrived with gleaming new gear yesterday, and installed this morning. Far too hot to take the Ruby out for a little light tuning this afternoon, so I'm just back from a brilliant summer evening drive. Short of crouching behind an aeroscreen and smelling Castrol  R it could not be better. Welsh speakers will see that the car has paused at a "pit stop" for slight adjustments. Willie McKenzie refused to include an invoice so the least I can do is to acclaim him as another deeply cherished supplier, where would we be without them.
Splendid photo Steve. As someone else commented on a recent thread, the Ruby (especially Mk 1) always looks good in green!
Thank you for your flattering comment Mick, I guess you immediately recognised the bus stop. Perhaps in due course evening outings can be extended to Llangyndr, or in wild moments even further along the Mon & Brec Canal.
A lovely photograph and a cracking looking Ruby, I’m working my socks off to finish my box saloon, but every time I do something, I find something else that needs fixing...oh well, I would only be down the pub or womanising as my wife would say...