The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Yes I'm well pleased a lovely car from Graham and plenty of spares. Only two sleeps to go as we used to say to our children on the run up to Christmas. My wife also loves the car so that's great too. Mike
Hi RPM that’s a shame. Shouldn’t need spark erosion should be able to drill out and retap.
Only time I have needed spark erosion was when someone broke off an easy out extracter
they are hard and cannot be drilled.Spark erosion worked well, and worth £60 to save the block.
[color=var(--ytcp-link-color)]https://youtu.be/nBaPxJ4Gys8[/color]
Excuse my Balding Head ( must remember to wear a hat !)
Why would you need spark erosion to drill a stud?

If hard I think there may be special drills around that could do it.   Can you get small diamond drills?

I once drilled an extractor out using a masonry bit, never used an extractor since.
Broken studs and especially small ones are a pain. But there have been many posts covering various drill guide jigs, including use of the manifold. With care using a grinder stepped drills can be produced.  Patience is the main requirement. As someone commented here, Ezy Outs are the most misnamed tool ever. Intended for free turning studs and bolts broken by tension not torsion. Borken off hardened extractors are a whole different ball game.
Was there not a method involving welding a nut to the last vestiges of  stud that might be worth trying? I don't look forward to breaking a stud,  but do look forward to trying it. 

Over 2000 posts now? I wonder how many actually reflect the topic?  Wink
I've just gone down to the worshop, sat in the Ruby and looked in the mirrors. I see no reflections, what is this topic?
I have always assumed that this topic was general one describing trips out in our Sevens, both exotic and mundane, although, frequently it also records what folk have done TO their Sevens by way of maintenance and repairs.

So, in answer to the question: "What have you done today with your Austin Seven?" I have driven it. Drove it yesterday as well.
Sadly nothing, as there is a couple of hundred miles between me in locked down Wales and it!
Hey Zeto, Think The bloke is looking to rinse me of money. My own fault should have put the manifold on before using block and tackle. It was going so well. Think this little car doesn't want me to drive it but loves having money spent on him /her. Thanks for the heads up everyone regarding spark erosion procedure.
RPM