The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Lovely picture Mark and some nice Austin’s. The picture of the cafe reminds me of when some years ago my wife and myself visited Newzealand. A lovely country with quite a number of older style buildings with the verandas. A country I found that really loves it history although some of the towns only have 150 to 170 years of history. Where was the photograph taken.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
(14-06-2020, 11:40 AM)John Mason Wrote: Lovely picture Mark and some nice Austin’s.  The picture of the cafe reminds me of when some years ago my wife and myself visited Newzealand. A lovely country with quite a number of older style buildings  with the verandas.  A country I found that really loves it history although some of the towns only have 150 to 170 years of history.  Where was the photograph taken.

John,  The photo was taken in a little town "Timber Town" called Noojee in West Gippsland, Victoria
Cheers

Mark
Sorry Mark I thought you were from New Zealand. Forgive an ignorant pommy. The architecture is the same as that in New Zealand.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
As New Zealand is punching above their weight at the moment, I have no problem being confused for a Kiwi.
Cheers

Mark

Not had the car out this weekend due to bad weather so been doing some tidying up in the garage. I found this in one of my storage boxes. It' a jubilee n°5 wolf call whistle. I've cleaned it down and it works. Free to a good home in exchange for either a Cozette supercharger or the postal charges to wherever you are. ? It requires a compressed air supply to activate it but I suppose it would work with steam pressure as well. Pull the key fob to operate. It is a bit loud! It is 20" high.
PM me if you're interested
B
I hadn't used the RP since my sojourn down to Rhaglen a week last Wednesday, so I decided to give it a run over to minister to the horses this morning.

The petrol gauge was bobbing about the 1/4 mark, and since the gauge doesn't register below this, the first job was to feed the little beast. Since neither of the garages in Bala are currently open on a Sunday, this meant a trip out to Glanyrafon, about 9 miles distant, to fill up. Having done so, I cut across country to Llandderfel and up the 1 in 5 hill next to the Bryntirion Inn which brings me out on the B4391 at the top of Bwlch-y-Eira. The little car managed it with some aplomb, in second gear with the occasional drop into bottom for the more vicious bits.

It was spitting with rain as I crossed the Berwyns, but this cleared up as I dropped down into Llangynog and along to deal with the horses. I then nipped over to Llanrhaeadr-ym-Mochnant to see my friend Tudor. There I spent an hour drinking tea and discussing his vintage tractor woes before retracing my steps to Penybont Fawr and thence through Hirnant and on to Llyn Efyrnwy.

I drove along the north shore of the lake, stopping at one of the carparks to take the Motoring Dog for a run and a sniff before taking the road up to Foel Goch, down Cwm Hirnant (nowhere near the other Hirnant!), through Rhosygwaliau and thence home.

Total distance 51 miles and a thoroughly pleasant trip out.

.jpg   S008I001.JPG (Size: 157.94 KB / Downloads: 548)
Starlight (the grey) and Misty (the bright bay) taking a lot of no notice of the Seven

.jpg   S008I002.JPG (Size: 114.16 KB / Downloads: 549)
Penybont Fawr coming from Llanrhaeadr YM

.jpg   S008I003.JPG (Size: 116.41 KB / Downloads: 549)
In Penybont Fawr

.jpg   S008I004.JPG (Size: 126.1 KB / Downloads: 551)
At Hirnant

.jpg   S008I005.JPG (Size: 86.18 KB / Downloads: 547)
Approaching Llanwddyn

.jpg   S008I006.JPG (Size: 129.94 KB / Downloads: 547)
The Mighty Dam

.jpg   S008I007.JPG (Size: 139.34 KB / Downloads: 552)
The Plaques recording how Liverpool City Council purloined a Welsh Valley

.jpg   S008I008.JPG (Size: 92.81 KB / Downloads: 549)
View of the lake from the northern end of the dam
It took us a while to find the Rolt engine.....

quote: As New Zealand is punching above their weight at the moment, I'm have no problem being confused for a Kiwi.
Cheers Mark

Goodonyah Mark,
In NZ the Government's cabinet (20 members atm) is in pretty much complete control between elections and so drastic decisions (like the Level 4 lock-down) can be taken very quickly.
We were lucky that quite a few surprisingly capable medical people stepped up and steered the pandemic response.
Hi John Mason

With nothing really old, many of the masonry buildings pulled or tumbled down by quakes, and a strong California influence, many buildings here are rubbish, but few would surpass the Oz one.
I am always interested in the off the beaten track photos from Britain and Europe. Seem to somehow avoid gharish moderns and the spread of life style blocks and farms with sprawling areas of scattered utilitarian outbuildings.
When I was young there were meny derelict houses in the former country settlemets but now abandond buildings are cleaned up quickly with a front end loader and nothing remains, not even the chimney stacks. Many settlements have vanished entirely.
A friend had a wolf whistle on his Rover 16. It worked on vacuum from the inlet manifold.
Jim