The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Put the finishing touches to another lock-down project.

Steve
Bedford Ca van I think
D
I went for a Topless drive in the Type 65 early this morning.
I was at work by 6.45 am, Lovely cold and crisp morning with about 10 other vehicles passing me on the dual carrigeway.
On the way home I managed to wind it up to 5000 Rpm in fourth only to catch up with a slow moving modern doing 50 MPH on a dual carriageway, I had to wait for a bit of a downhill section before overtaking him as there was too much faster traffic to make an attempt on the level.
Now do I take it work again tommorow ?!?
Yes, definitely.
Chris ( Type 65 owner )
Took young Leon in the Seven to the road leading to the rear entrance of my next door neighbour's farm. Splendid views of the lake from there and only a mile and a half away. The lake was millpond smooth today.

Attached Files
.jpg   S034I001.JPG (Size: 102.3 KB / Downloads: 328)
.jpg   S034I002.JPG (Size: 118.84 KB / Downloads: 328)
.jpg   S034I003.JPG (Size: 125.65 KB / Downloads: 328)
.jpg   S034I004.JPG (Size: 121.89 KB / Downloads: 328)
.jpg   S034I005.JPG (Size: 107.21 KB / Downloads: 329)
With lockdown in France continuing until at least mid May I have been keeping busy in the garden, veg patch and of course the garage. All the cars are fully serviced anc nice and shiny and after some spring cleaning I am almost at a loss as to what to do next. The Austin is in good fettle and since the engine rebuild it is maintaining its level of oil- tightness following the running in and the long run to Santiago de Compostella last September. Since then it hasn't been out much because I've been busy with a different project. Today, it suddenly occurred to me that the spark plugs have not been checked since the rebuild 2500 miles ago. Everything seems in order. Correct electrode colouration. No oil, soot or other deposits. Just rechecked the gaps and put everything back together and gave it a spin over. Started first throw. It would be nice to give the old girl a run round the block but I'm happy to wait.
There's an obvious solution to your '...at a loss as to what to do next' problem, Bruce.

You need another Austin 7 Wink Big Grin

Steve
Steve, can you explain that to Judy for me.
Alan Fairless
Lets see how Bruce gets on first.

Steve
Hey - Bruce, you could put the Austin on axle stands and go for a drive in the garage - perhaps put a wide screen TV on the bonnet with a bit of video playing - any Thro the windscreen A7 videos out there ??
Caution, leave the garage doors open for a number of safe reasons.