The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Simon,
If you sing “Happy Birthday” twice to yourself as you are washing your hands with soap and warm water you will keep off the Corona virus for another three score and ten years. Anyway have a great day!
Cheers,
Dave.

.jpg   20200307_194307.jpg (Size: 459.49 KB / Downloads: 679)

I had a spare exhaust system that came with the ORT... unfortunately the tail pipe was not correct... still, nothing that I couldn't fix with a fresh length of inch pipe and an old pipe bender...
[center]     [/center]

Yesterday put engine back into the Ruby, last night it refused to start. This seems to have been classic attention seeking behaviour as this morning I gave it the thumb over no 1 plug test, checked dizzy alignment and it fired first time. With a special or Ulsteroid it would be chuck on a couple of bits of bent ali and set off for road testing. However, whist a saloon keeps the dear lady wife warm and comfortable, navigators dry and quite happy, and prevents marked up maps blowing away into the countryside or route books getting soaked and turning to mush, there is a point in life where it is possible to loathe and abhor saloons. There now follows many hours of putting back on bodywork, flooring and when patience allows, carpets.
Not today but the pic has only just arrived, a  classic car gathering at the Punch Bowl, Marton-cum-Grafton yesterday  and as my planned event was cancelled I went in the car.
Most of the "classics" seemed very modern to me but I am an old git after all. A couple of Pembletons and a 2CV were the most interesting ones to my eye though an immaculate Morris 8 and a rare soft top Vauxhall Astra(?)  were also there with an early Morris 1100 (no rust to be seen!)

Attached Files
.jpg   1991232E411E44B7882109A001020130.jpg (Size: 84.38 KB / Downloads: 541)
Looks better on the 19" wheels Duncan!
Malcolm, Are you planning a run this year?
Jim
[quote pid='42236' dateline='1583691081']
Not today but the pic has only just arrived, a  classic car gathering at the Punch Bowl, Marton-cum-Grafton yesterday  and as my planned event was cancelled I went in the car.
Most of the "classics" seemed very modern to me but I am an old git after all. A couple of Pembletons and a 2CV were the most interesting ones to my eye though an immaculate Morris 8 and a rare soft top Vauxhall Astra(?)  were also there with an early Morris 1100 (no rust to be seen!)
[/quote]

Duncan, when do they have these gatherings at the Punch Bowl? I'd like to pop along. And I take it you didn't want to watch the huge tractor run yesterday?

Duncan Grimmond
Those are very big tractors indeed. Round here, a tractor run is Little Grey Fergies, Fordson Majors and a few old David Brown machines, not one of which is even slightly huge.
It's the first Saturday of the month around midday.
I had a job getting out of the village with all those tractors barrelling through! There were a few grey Fergies, a couple of Fordsons but no Field Marshalls. Mostly £1/4 million JDs and the like and too many air horns for my sensitive ears.
Your car is looking well Duncan.