The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Don’t prewar MGs and the like have a fuel tank right at the rear! The red can might focus the following drivers attention.
(01-01-2020, 09:58 PM)Zetomagneto Wrote: Don’t prewar MGs and the like have a fuel tank right at the rear! The red can might focus the following drivers attention.

Whilst obscuring the number plate might attract some less welcome attention!
The car is being set up for the Measham, the reversing light is not a permanent fitting. On those oh so rare occasions when the navvy makes a minor wrong slot, being able to see when reversing on a frosty or foggy night is rather important. Bulbs on every light are in fact LED cards, scarcely troubling the dynamo. Sadly descending to rivet counting this morning,  a couple of us wandered round Penyard peering into Seven lights. A majority had LED cards.
The reversing light is more than likely to be illegal as it exceeds the wattage allowed. It will be illegal if an LED as these have not been passed for use on automobiles as yet although a lot of us use them and they are legaly on sale (No offence to sell but it is to use. One of those silly cases where the law does not keep up with technology.)

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
[size=3]I spent new year's day undersealing my wings and fitted some aluminium "scallops" to the sills to give clearance for the brake levers, suspension clearance is marginal and they had been fouling the body on big bumps.
[/size]

[size=3]I've also added a hatch to the toe board to give access to the exhaust manifold flange, it has an aluminium cover but I chopped the gauze out of an old fire guard to make a heater for winter use. I'm off to an event at Montlhery later in the month and hopefully this should keep my legs nice and warm. I have previously unclipped the leathercloth skirt that goes over the fuel tank to let heat from the engine through on cold days, it’s quite cozy with the tonneau over the passenger side. [/size]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I do like the heater inlet, occasionally I've wanted something like that but have found that its almost unnecessary as the bulkhead seems to transfer a fair amount of warmth. I'll look into it further as winter progresses.

BTW I had to expand your post considerably to make the font large enough to read...
The original bulkhead on my RK saloon has a gap round the gearbox and bacon slicer. It lets warm air through very well and is cosy in the winter. Above about 45mph cold air wins and the temperature drops noticably.
In summer I cover the gap with carpet otherwise overheating of cabin is a problem.
I have also fitted a Renault 5 thermostat in the top radiator hose. This cures the overcooling of the engine in cold weather and means the engine itself runs hotter. More hot air as a result.
Jim
Jim,

Is this the type you use and does it simply fit inside the hose please?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Replacement-T...SwEppb7ufk
Can't seem to make the text come out normal size despite fiddling with the font size in the post. My browser is too old?

I like the look of that thermostat, especially if it just stuffs up the hose. Would it cause too much of a restriction to the water flow though? I have seen aluminium in-line housings but they are quite pricey.
There me saying a 2 gallon bomb on
Back of the car then I pop out on my
Honda 750 bike and think ive got 3 gallon
Of petrol between my legs you can't win!!
My problem I ask questions that other people don't like?
Like have you got that for an investment or for fun?