The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Not a bad road either!
Yes I agree. I would die for a lift like that. Great filming also but please don't mention Spring we here in the northern hemisphere have to wait another six months for that and a lot of cold wet and snow before we get there.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Just what I was thinking!
I put this video up as I remember watching a similar one of someone in their Chummy going for a drive in the sunshine and it was raining and miserable here so it was sort of uplifting. Although we should be having similar weather at the moment, us in Spring you in Autumn.
Cheers

Mark

Quite why a Salmson owner pedalling his Paris-Galibier through the sunny lanes of Herefordshire should be so amused by a Ruby I am not sure. A member of the Costigan clan was en route to the cyclists'  lunch stop and didn't pause for a portrait.
intriguing frame design. Wonder what advantage that split tube gives? Shorter wheelbase?
https://www.condorcycles.com/products/pa...r-frameset
The idea of the design is to reduce the frame steering itself and therefore handle better - it is a very nice bit of kit and quite unusual, lucky man!
The words Paris-Galibier had me scrambling to Google and made me realise there is a whole world of vintage bikes that I know nothing about.
Cheers

Mark
Try the Galibier Pass - I have driven two of my Sevens over it - one of the best!
After just reading the last few comments it came to me that this must be one of the longest and most enjoyable reading threads on the forum, a big WELL DONE to Recker's who started it all off.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.