The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Hi Steve,

A lovely day at Prescott. The wheather forecast was miles out. 

I stopped to watch the Edwardians take off up the hill, stunning.

Then had a little business to do.

On the way in I followed a rough looking Ruby up the A46. It went well. A steady 45mph, and no smoke.

Even got home in time to finish the garage base, should have a new one up Tuesday.

All in all an excellent day.

Sorry didn't get time for pics either.
Tony.
We also had a great weekend at Prescott.

The up to 750cc class sponsored by A7Components was of course all Sevens.

Gorden England Cup

The rest of the class
Jim
No it's not an optical illusion but a photographic one. That smart phone thing ws pretending to be almost a fish eye lens when the photographer is crouching amongst the nettles for a low angle snap. My Ruby's bumper, sir, is as correct and strong as a chap's front bumper should be!

(Oops, perhaps whilst winging over Builth Wells this response to a comment from Bala has taken up a separate place of its own.)
(05-08-2019, 10:12 AM)Steve kay Wrote: No it's not an optical illusion but a photographic one. That smart phone thing ws pretending to be almost a fish eye lens when the photographer is crouching amongst the nettles for a low angle snap. My Ruby's bumper, sir, is as correct and strong as a chap's front bumper should be!

(Oops, perhaps whilst winging over Builth Wells this response to a comment from Bala has taken up a separate place of its own.)

Steve,

I am so glad to read your comment. This is why I use a camera to take photographs and a mobile phone to make and receive telephone calls.
(05-08-2019, 09:39 AM)Tony Betts Wrote: Hi Steve,

A lovely day at Prescott. The wheather forecast was miles out. 

I stopped to watch the Edwardians take off up the hill, stunning.

Then had a little business to do.

On the way in I followed a rough looking Ruby up the A46. It went well. A steady 45mph, and no smoke.

Even got home in time to finish the garage base, should have a new one up Tuesday.

All in all an excellent day.

Sorry didn't get time for pics either.
Tony.

Very enjoyable weekend. Good to catch up Tony.
Fun day and my car was going ok but the driver lacks talent (it's unnerving drifting in those trees at speed).

It started to rain *just* as I locked the garage doors back in Suffolk later than evening, so the weather held up well

Charles
Hi charles.

Its not a lack of talent.

Remember you sed to me you would rather enjoy it than kill yourself on the hill.

After I left you, I had a look round the stalls for a horn push? Went back over the bridge and sat down with a coffee.

Wilst talking to someone I had never met before about AJS motorcycles, I noticed the track had gone quiet early. And wilst sitting there they retreived the car that had just crashed towards the top of the hill.

If you had more talent, that may have been you. If you see my point.

I do hope the driver is ok, I understand he was rushed of the hospital.

It does show why airbags were invented. There was no rim left on the steering wheel. Sounds like broken hands and at least chest injuries to me. The front drivers side had taken most of the impact.

Keep being talentless is what I say  Wink

Tony.
Thing is, there’s no point blowing 150 quid on the entry fee, if you are going to wake up in A&E not remembering how you got there. Better to think I could have done that 3 tenths quicker and have a pint in the bar afterwards.
Alan Fairless
(05-08-2019, 02:01 PM)Tony Betts Wrote: Keep being talentless is what I say  Wink

Tony.

Pretty certain that I have a school report from the early 70's that says much the same.

Consistent, aren't I?

c
I took the Seven over to Barmouth today for the AGM of the Meirion Classic Car Club of which I am a member. The weather was (and, as I write this, still is) horrible. It rained throughout the whole journey off and on, (mostly on) and it was very windy indeed. The little car battled through well, but the wind, combined no doubt with the perpendicular architecture of a box saloon,  made it quite an exciting drive! I recall that, when I was at college, one of my fellow students, who had a tatty MG YA saloon, described riding in an Austin Seven as an example of how to live dangerously at 30 mph and I am afraid that today rather proved the point!

Arriving at the meeting, I found that I was the only prewar car there and the only other classics that had come out to play were a '70's MGB  and a couple of early eighties VW Golf GTIs.

The meeting itself went well. We were all treated to an excellent buffet lunch and it gave me the opportunity to catch up with members that I knew and to meet others that I didn't. Several members admired both the car and my intrepidity in bring it out on such a day! And there was me thinking that, if one is going to a classic car club meeting, it was de riguer to come in a classic car.

At least I won a bottle of wine in the raffle.

Attached Files
.jpg   S01EI001.JPG (Size: 159.51 KB / Downloads: 213)
.jpg   S01EI002.JPG (Size: 154.17 KB / Downloads: 213)
I've been on fatherly duties all week. So the Austins have had some stick.

On Monday we took the grey one out to Mow Cop As noted earlier. I think some more advance is in order as we only just made it up. 

[Image: 008_1786.jpg]

But we did manage to warm up some sausage rolls and toast my cheese sandwich.

[Image: 008_1787.jpg]

[Image: 008_1788.jpg]

We had other plans on tuesday, but Wednesday we had a late start, arriving at Attingham Park well after lunch, after no problems with the newly fettled carb on the chummy.

[Image: 008_1789.jpg]

After getting bored at Attingham we ventured to the nearby Haughmond Abbey for a 'run round'.

[Image: 008_1790.jpg]

Then to 'Big Rons' for some nourishing tea!.

[Image: 008_1791.jpg]

And lastly to the High Ercall Pride and Joy meet before going home just before dark.

[Image: 008_1792.jpg]

On Thursday we simply ventured to the park in the blue one. Daughter was worn out from the day before.

[Image: 008_1793.jpg]

Yesterday we had a day of steam engines. A ride out on an 1870's traction engine to the Astle Park Steam rally via a pub lunch at Goostrey.

[Image: 008_1794.jpg]

The day was not without an Austin. This super RM was at the start of our journey. 
[Image: 008_1795.jpg]