The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
That’s quite a line up, very nice.
That's a good tip Robert. I've never owned nor even seen a squash ball close up. Maybe add to the spares store.
Jim

Took the Pearl to the timber yard this afternoon, a pleasant 22 mile round trip in the sunshine.  Picked up 6 lengths of 8 foot long timber.  I'm making a studwork frame to carry two recycled glazed doors and fitting them on to the above-ground anderson shelter which serves as one of the garden sheds !
As we were driving south towards Berwick I was amazed to see two A7s coming the other way!

The girls shouted “Austin Sevens, turn around”!!

I recognised the cars as BA7C members and when they stopped greeted a very surprised Tim and Felicity Reynolds along with Geoffrey and Marion McCann.  They were on holiday in the area and meeting them was an extraordinary coincidence.

We spent the afternoon together after a 20 and 35 year gap respectively since we last met each other - which was lovely.  We visited Bill (AllAlloyCup) and Tim got to meet car and it’s creator first hand!

.jpeg   E622A01A-D8C3-45CA-BD12-884459AA2848.jpeg (Size: 138.86 KB / Downloads: 393)

We then smoked them out at the Bothy (I must get the chimney swept)!  Before they headed back - grim weather today but great company!

Great to see Ruairidh and meet your family in St Abbs! Who'd a'thought it! Many thanks for your warm hospitality and for allowing us to disrupt your afternoon.  Glad the girls managed to get their wool and thanks to Bill for showing us his all alloy cup!
searching the forum for vital information, after a gentle lunch, came upon Bill Sheeran's road test info. The Seven, being older and weighing so little, was expected to give 45-50 mpg. Having topped up my Ruby this morning and calculated consumption to Shelsley and back on Sunday, I found that it gave 37 mpg. Some of this was due to a  slightly binding rear brake on the way out, put right under the car in the car park. some of this was my less than slim passenger, certainly there are a number of banks requiring second gear. Do all the other Rubies spin along on just a breath of petrol?
I'm running in a new engine at the moment in the Cabriolet and am monitoring consumption and mileage quite closely. I'm getting 35mpg. I'm running on an 1" OM series SU with an AN needle but I think it might be just a touch rich.
Over the years our RN saloons have averaged 35 mpg which drops to 25 mpg on Malcolm Parker's Pennine run and rises to 50 mpg travelling the length of the M 5 at 50 mph.
Hi Hugh

What’s your next choice of needle likely to be?
I have an SU OM on an AN needle and it’s also a bit
rich but still to try more adjustments.

Regards

Bill G
Aka AllAlloyCup
Based near the Scottish Border,
Steve,

I don't think 45-50mpg is a realistic target for a Ruby; don't forget the Ruby is at least 2cwt heavier than the Chummy that would have been the test car in Bill's statistics. 37mpg sounds quite reasonable for a cross-country run; you might expect that to improve on a long main road run with 45-50mpg achievable under ideal conditions. I have achieved close to 60mpg on occasions with my RM, but as Dave says, this can soon drop well below 40mpg on a more challenging route.