The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
No Austin 7 ing for me. I buggered a main bearing on the traction engine about a month ago. Had it smoking and wiped the bronze into the oil grooves. The cranks been up, weve cleaned out the grooves (with a dremmell) done a lot of scraping and polishing ane everything is now back in one piece.

Had it in steam today. Bearing ran warmer than the one we havnt touched, but not hot. Did about 3 mile at 'tootle' which is about 4-5mph. Then the same 3 mile at a 'canter,' which is about 5-7mph. Not tried 'cruise' (10mph) yet. Or going like hell (12mph). Some more tootling required before we get there. 

I said hello to the Gordon England however. It still hung from the roof.
Again, it's not so much "What have you done with your Seven today?" but what the Seven has done this past week.

Went to a friend's funeral in Shrewsbury on Thursday. Given that he was a great biking and classic car fan, it was 'de riguer ' to take the Seven. His biking friends had clubbed together and had hired a motor cycle and sidecar hearse. Several weeks ago, The Independent Porsche Enthusiasts Club had organised a special day for him. Given that I no longer have a Porsche, the Seven was an honorary Porsche for the day. At the wake, my friend's mother told me that, out of all the cars that he went in on that day. the car he would have most liked to take home was my Seven!

By way of complete contrast, the last two days having been really wet and definitely not Austin Seven weather, I took the little car out for a jaunt into the hills. Went to the remains of the quarry at Arenig.

The first two photos were taken at Duncan's funeral. the next two, at the Old Quarry and the last one was taken on the moors in the Arenig mountains and shows Llyn Celyn in the background.

The Motoring Dog can just be seen in the last two!

Attached Files
.jpg   S014I005.JPG (Size: 141.6 KB / Downloads: 581)
.jpg   S014I006.JPG (Size: 139.11 KB / Downloads: 580)
.jpg   S015I001.JPG (Size: 123.26 KB / Downloads: 578)
.jpg   S015I002.JPG (Size: 141.95 KB / Downloads: 579)
.jpg   S015I004.JPG (Size: 141.92 KB / Downloads: 580)

It was the South Wales A7 Club Annual Rally this weekend at Bryngarw.  First big run for my RK and a trip to the seaside!!! John Williams the Rally Secretary organised the run; 9 cars and 30 odd miles and apparently....... no hills, but one "no hill" tested the brakes on the RK and caused panic to the following Ruby (an impatient modern sped up through a line of parked cars blocking our descent!!)

It is the 50th Anniversary year for the club and Pat White cooked a superb cake which was completely devoured at the evening barbecue.

Nearly 20 Sevens and a dozen other vintage cars at the static rally today..... 

Howard

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Happy 50th SWA7C! I remember going to rallies at Caldicot Castle and then Bryngarw!

Here's my mate Stuart!

.jpg   UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3870.jpg (Size: 79.97 KB / Downloads: 509)

50ain ffrind hapus!

Today I fitted the choke pull to the Ulster that my father gave me 25 years ago - it's at a jaunty angle because I like it that way!   It's taken 25 years because I forgot I had it.

Today I started to make a thing to fix a bit of Morris Minor to the ORT...
Hi Ruairidh, nice photo. I remember you asking me at our Bryngarw rally if you could drive our Ruby I said yes, but little did I know you had not passed your test. In fact you were not even seventeen, dad was not impressed. S&P.
I was - thanks for letting me!
"Today I fitted the choke pull to the Ulster that my father gave me 25 years ago - it's at a jaunty angle because I like it that way! It's taken 25 years because I forgot I had it."

How on earth did you forget you had an Ulster? Or was it the choke control you forgot about?
Everything these days David - everything!
And after a little welding

I just need to find the ORT under all the rubbish in my garage.