The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
In all seriousness, if relying on hand signals nowadays, really need a Michael Jackson glove to be noticed. Prudent with cycling also.
Police doing point duty used to be a regullr sight. Not now. And they now far from proficent. And drivers do not understand the conventions. I suppose there are so many deranged persons now and cellphones, cops in the middle of the road are fearful of being run down, accidentally or otherwise.
(02-05-2019, 10:17 AM)Chris KC Wrote: Re oil filler tube if it's putting up a fight turn on the 'shaft' not the top or you might separate the two. Wrap a bit of leather (e g. old glove) around it and grip on that with mole grips. Yes a bit of gentle heat on the ally may help.

I use one of these for stubborn fillers!

https://www.toolstation.com/strap-wrench...gLRpPD_BwE
(02-05-2019, 11:13 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote:
(02-05-2019, 10:17 AM)Chris KC Wrote: Re oil filler tube if it's putting up a fight turn on the 'shaft' not the top or you might separate the two. Wrap a bit of leather (e g. old glove) around it and grip on that with mole grips. Yes a bit of gentle heat on the ally may help.

I use one of these for stubborn fillers!

https://www.toolstation.com/strap-wrench...gLRpPD_BwE

Me too. If you do use grips/moles, be very careful as the tube can easily be crushed/distorted. Don't ask me how I know this  Sad Sad

Steve
Had to take Llew the dog to the vets at Corwen this morning. I am now £80.00 the poorer.

I don't know what it is about the Seven, but Llew is really enthusiastic about going for rides in it. If we go into the garage, he stands at the drivers door whining to get in. He doesn't do that with any of the other vehicles. The top of his head can just be seen in the centre of the windscreen in the last photo.

Bumped into my next door neighbour's wife in on the track (not literally, you understand) so went for a 'panad', natter and half a dozen fresh eggs up at the farm when I got back.

Fantastic views of the lake from up there so took some pictures:

Attached Files
.jpg   S010I001.JPG (Size: 117.95 KB / Downloads: 320)
.jpg   S010I002.JPG (Size: 129.04 KB / Downloads: 320)
.jpg   S010I003.JPG (Size: 103.15 KB / Downloads: 320)
.jpg   S010I004.JPG (Size: 139.1 KB / Downloads: 320)
Did my usual shopping and library run into the local town.   Wanted to go the little lanes way, but both of them closed for repairs, so ended up doubling the mileage.

Bought some stuff for the car, failed to buy something else but got offered a job instead (!).

Having fitted double shocks at the front, replaced the home made plywood shocker discs at the rear, and adjusted the steering box the ride is a lot better now.

The brakes with new linings are working well, too.   I am getting close to re-coupling them.   The Bowdenex is at its limit of adjustment, I have to sort that out first.

And a half price steak and kidney pie for lunch.

What a nice morning.

Smile
"And a half price steak and kidney pie for lunch."

Excellent! A man after my own heart! Tongue
Taken the box saloon to the polling station, and will be going to local vscc meeting later.
Alan Fairless
Nice tool R!

And yes Steve, I quite agree!
Just a quick line to thank those of you who commented on my snapped block stud disaster. A setback sure, but I don't do problems, just challenges and opportunities. Some good will come out of it, eventually.
Bruce
What you need Reckers is another Austin you can drive while one is in the 'wash'. 

I had a boiler test on my traction engine yesterday, which it passed with flying colours. Sadly I got the nearside crank bearing hot visiting a local fellow traction engine and Austin 7 owner a fortnight or so ago. And indications are it now needs some TLC. So tomorrow I shall be making a start lifting the crank to get the bearing out. 

Anyway, we were going to take the steamer to the local High Ercall 'Pride and Joy' meeting last night. But with the dicky bearing I decided against it and took the grey Austin. On the way I picked up my mate Ken and his son. Picking up his daughter from school on the way. My daughter was at dance!

[Image: 008_1765.jpg]

Oddly the dynamator didnt charge at all all the way there or all the way back, even with the headlights on. But the battery is new and its done a few long journeys recently, so I live in the hope the battery is still well charged so the dynamator didnt need to kick in. Certainly there was no sign of low charge using the starter motor. 

Ill use it some more the weekend and find out.