The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Like the NYPD cop said when the little old lady asked him "Young man, how do I get to Carnegie Hall?"

Ma'm you gotta practice!
I am reminded of what happened when I was in Bala with the Seven about a fortnight ago.I went to do some shopping and when I came back to the car, there were several people admiring it. One young man asked me how old it was. I told him that it was built in 1933, whereupon he asked me if I had had it from new!
Got up early on Sunday and went to the monthly "Breakfast Club" run by our local car club, we usually get about 100 cars.  I parked next to a young cousin.
Event at: http://sportingregister.org.au/2019/03/1...h-march-2/

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Cheers

Mark
On Sunday we met with The Borders Vintage Automobile Association for their monthly breakfast meeting. This was at Millestone Garden Centre in Newtown St Boswells. Afterwards we joined their outing to Myreton Motor Museum.
We had sunshine, drizzle, sleet, snow, heavy rain and torrential showers. An interesting outing of about 90 miles.
As my car was built on 5th March 1929 she was decorated suitably.

Jim
Fitted new brushes to the dynamo and new friction discs and brass spacers to the rear shock absorbers this morning. Took the car out for a test drive up to Llyn Celyn this afternoon. Dynamo now charging at 8 amps at 30 mph and having working rear shock absorbers has transformed the handing.

I was going to post photos taken with my ancient Kodak DC20 camera, but my computer has decided it doesn't like my serial port to usb adapter!

Seven owners can't help liking  old machinery, but today I though I might go and look at some very avant garde equipment, almost new being built at Swindon in 1955.
The software for my usb adapter arrived in the post yesterday, so here are the photos that I wanted to post on the 12th:

The first three were taken at Llyn Celyn, which was the man-made lake that caused so much controversy in the '50's ("Cofiwch Dryweryn") and the final one at the pub!

All taken with my 23 year old and very primitive digital Kodak DC20 camera.

Attached Files
.jpg   S001I001.JPG (Size: 102.07 KB / Downloads: 276)
.jpg   S001I002.JPG (Size: 130.88 KB / Downloads: 274)
.jpg   S001I004.JPG (Size: 107.94 KB / Downloads: 272)
.jpg   S001I005.JPG (Size: 133.07 KB / Downloads: 271)
    You should have gone to the East Lancs Railway Steve to get a more age appropriate engine Steve. Here's their 1927 LMS crab.
David. I shall have to bring the RP back to North Wales for a tour at some point this summer.

I've been trying to get some miles on my grey Saloon this week.

The dynamator is all systems go. And the starter motor is also now working. I've been using the handle exclusivley for the last 8 months so I think it had forgotten what to do

I have also got rid of the stickers on the number plates and replaced them with signwritten figures

[Image: 008_1742.jpg]

[Image: 008_1743.jpg]
Hedd, please do. I would love to see TH 4219 again. I understand from Nigel Coulter that the Salop Yesteryear Motor Club are organising a run to Bala Railway Station on the 10th July. This might be an excuse to come over.