The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Mmmmm, Auchentoshan, the distillery is less than three miles from where I am sitting!

I am on the Bunnahabhain tonight - smokin!
Just as well I don't live near you then R, the temptation would be to much to resist! It's one of those bottles that gets opened and then I wonder where it all went Huh.
Can't talk - drinking!
Fitted the refurbished distributor to my RP. So that's where all the horses went.....
Went over the mountains to feed the (real) horses. managed much of Bwlch yr Eira in third rather than the usual second and actually got all the way over the moors in top, rather than changing between third and top with depressing regularity.

I didn't realise that a decent distributor could make such a difference.
Is that an original - as in Lucas - distributor?

Refurbished as in new bushes, and what else?

Thanks

Simon
It is indeed an original Lucas DJ distributor. Came with new bushes, points condenser and an original pattern Lucas cap with lovely period lead retainers. I used my existing (pattern ) cap though. The other one is too nice to use. I bought it off ebay.

In fact I was so impressed that I am arranging to send my old one to him for refurbishing. He has quoted me £45.00 plus P and P.

All I know about the lad is he is called Trevor, lives in Burntwood Staffs and has a Coil engined Chummy.

The top bush on my old distributor was worn and I had to set the points gap to about 14 thou to stop the car from spitting back occasionally.
I bought a pair of tyres off him once. Ive a DJ on my Chummy. That runs nice too
Still searching for possible illustrations for the Celebration Booklet for the Hereford Speed Trials. Many years ago WB noted in Motor Sport that Much Marcle Garage had a photo of the Hillman, successfully driven at Brooklands by George Bedford, and then sold to Len Weston. Weston's cider is barley half a mile up the road from Much Marcle, and the former WW1 aircraft hangar was put up by Westons as a garage for their fleet of motor vehicles replacing horse drawn drays. It is now grade II listed. The picture of the Hillman has long since gone, though anyone wanting to research 70s and 80s rally cars will be happy.

attachment=5719

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Nice. All that silverware in the window would last less than 5 minutes in parts of Sheffield...
Didn't notice the silverware. I was too busy admiring the rather pretty early Ruby!

I hvae just noticed that I am 'Junior Member'. Given that I have great-grandchildren, how old does one have to be to be a 'Senior Member', I wonder?