The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
It’ll be ok Steve. Mine has done close on 40 seasons with no heat shield. I think maybe when you are flat out at Shelsley the fuel doesn’t hang around long enough to overheat.
Alan Fairless
(23-02-2019, 06:18 PM)Charles Wrote: And I can see your lambda sensor boss, so you're getting serious....

C

It'd be rude not to wouldn't it Charles Blush

Steve
(23-02-2019, 11:44 AM)Steve Jones Wrote: No. Bespoke made using my previous manifold as a pattern to set the critical dimensions. He also had my carb and inlet manifold. When I collected it on Wednesday he was doing an exhaust for a mid '70's BMW 635 CSL (a Batmobile). Unbelievable work.

http://www.reexhaustfabs.co.uk/

Steve

I can also vouch for Ryan's work, and the fact he's a decent bloke to deal with. Had a few bits done prior to my Austin ownership.
After spending most of the week painting railings and other mundane stuff, I had a Sunday afternoon in the garage. I first of all replaced the buffer in the Bosch 009 dizzy ( the one that stops it over advancing too much) as the existing bodge wasnt quite doing the job and then reset the points gap as it had closed slightly. Took the "beast" for a quick run to the end of the valley and back to make sure all was well. It certainly seemed to be running a little less harsh than before. Then I gave the front wings a fresh coat of underseal, a job I'd meant to do for a while.
Meanwhile, the Mem'Sahib was chilling watching a couple look at properties in Bairsden with Phil and Kirsty. They quite liked a 1950s bungalow but were put off by the bloke next door that seemed to be collecting old cars.
Fitted the freshly painted front end today, wings, radiator cowl, etc. Left all the bolts loose, put the bonnet on (with cloths to prevent scratching) and when all the gaps around the bonnet seemed right - tighten the bolts.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Over the last couple of weeks Ive been fitting a dynamator to my short wheelbase saloon.

[Image: 008_1733.jpg]

[Image: 008_1735.jpg]

[Image: 008_1734.jpg]

While I was at it I fitted a lucas brush cover and cheese head screws to improve the looks. I also toned down the Bosch clone dizzy with some paint.

And it works!
https://youtu.be/keJzJVaj6cI
Can see what your driving at, Bruce
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
What on Earth are you both talking about, nobody else seems bothered?

Can see what your driving at, Bruce
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.

Painted it!

John