The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
(07-12-2018, 05:19 PM)Biddlecombe Wrote: Today, I finished cleaning and greasing the front axle, brake links and steering and then went through an enormous learning curve, for me. As there was a hint of oil/grease around the front nearside hub I took a screwdriver to tighten the grease access screw only to realise that it didn't tighten but just disappeared inside the hub. So after due reference to A7 Companion, I used the hub puller for the first time and discovered the wonderful workings of the front bearings etc. It wasn't a job that I intended to do today, I was just going to clean up, and get Vera started, you will realise why she is called Vera when you see the pics below, after the trauma of the petrol tank and a few other challenges. Anyway thanks to the publication all back together and started, with that my neighbour pops out and asks if I was going out as he wanted to pick up his modern from the garage, so hey ho we went to town, 1 mile and dropped him off, then a quick 1 mile along the seafront and through town, waves, and thumbs up all round. As it was school chucking out time I thought that I would call by and pick my 14 year old daughter up. Well I never expected the reaction. "How could you embaress me in front of all my friends?" Apparently dads' don't understand teens. Bugger, I am 71, if I don't understand them now I never will.
Anyway back home and a cup of tea and all calmed down, Vera put away for the night. That was my day.

What a lovely genuine car - so good to see. Cherish it - as you do !

As for daughters - when little my granddaughters loved the sevens- not so keen now they are teenagers- but that is ok they will grow up.

Pauline (I am not allowed to say her age) loves her Crossfire and quite appreciates Vintage cars.
(07-12-2018, 05:19 PM)Biddlecombe Wrote: As it was school chucking out time I thought that I would call by and pick my 14 year old daughter up. Well I never expected the reaction. "How could you embaress me in front of all my friends?" Apparently dads' don't understand teens.

Tell your daughter, that she was lucky that you hadn't done a remake of the VW Tiguan advert ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybAF1Q43_MI ) with an old windup gramophone on the backseat playing The Laughing Policeman or a big band sound.
(08-12-2018, 11:32 AM)Austin Carr Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 05:19 PM)Biddlecombe Wrote: As it was school chucking out time I thought that I would call by and pick my 14 year old daughter up. Well I never expected the reaction. "How could you embaress me in front of all my friends?" Apparently dads' don't understand teens.

Tell your daughter, that she was lucky that you hadn't done a remake of the VW Tiguan advert ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybAF1Q43_MI ) with an old windup gramophone on the backseat playing The Laughing Policeman or a big band sound.

I got a "Sorry dad I think I over reacted" A peck on the cheek as she flew out late for her maths tutor this morning. Ah well another day another dollar!!
I'm a driving instructor and have a 7, not for instructing I hasten to add !! If i take my daughter out in the 7 she gradually sinks below the window level if she sees her friends! Best of it is her school bus can be behind me on a driving lesson and if we stall her friends say isn't your dad a bad driver !!! Lose lose situation for her !!!
    Bought this nice set of bsf/bsw taps and dies
in a nice wooden case with wonderfully made
Tool holders for £50 in Berwick today!

Handy for the next project? If I do another?

Bill G
Based near the Scottish Border,
(09-12-2018, 12:02 AM)AllAlloyCup Wrote: Bought this nice set of bsf/bsw taps and dies
in a nice wooden case with wonderfully made
Tool holders for £50 in Berwick today!

Handy for the next project? If I do another?

Bill G

What a steal- well found!
I looked at the sorry state of the bodywork and briefly considered buying one of these to disassemble for repair panels... But it feels too much like condoning a dark process...

Ok... Not the aluminium one...
maybe this body tub could be the start of a sort of something 'special' love affair...

https://www.leboncoin.fr/equipement_auto...34386.htm/

I won't be embarking on any special building project so I'll gladly pass. this one on to you. It's vendor is located on the outskirts of Paris but the tub somewhere near Cahors. so you. might want to wait for the pickup until the yellow vests have returned to their homes (sorry I've tried to post the. picture but 'attachment' does not work...)

Second attempt....

Attached Files
.jpg   d9ae011671e14a7e1f5bece95f0148a2f54eac95.jpg (Size: 78.19 KB / Downloads: 258)
If that was closer to home ...  Angel
My words exactly....I'd hang it from the garage / barn rafters for better times to. come