The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Oh Dear! - spoke too soon
I don't think the side clearance on the axle lugs is an issue. There is lateral movement on the pins anyway as the springs flex because they are splayed out slighty.
Jim
(10-04-2024, 01:47 PM)David Stepney Wrote: I use a cheap spring balance to check the rear dampers are set correctly. They should be tightened so that 12 lbs are required to move the lever, measured at the end.

Yes David I have said implement but I have found it difficult to execute the pull down with the car close to the ground. I can see how easy it wuld be if I had the car on a lift. I might approach a local vintage friendly garage to allow the task to carried out on one of their lifts. I would have to disconnect the link again of course.

Cheers Dave
(10-04-2024, 10:24 PM)Old Dave Wrote:
(10-04-2024, 01:47 PM)David Stepney Wrote: I use a cheap spring balance to check the rear dampers are set correctly. They should be tightened so that 12 lbs are required to move the lever, measured at the end.

Yes David I have said implement but I have found it difficult to execute the pull down with the car close to the ground. I can see how easy it wuld be if I had the car on a lift. I might approach a local vintage friendly garage to allow the task to carried out on one of their lifts. I would have to disconnect the link again of course.

Cheers Dave

I simply put the rear end of the car on axle stands. I then have sufficient room.
I'll give it a go David, but removing the damper link might be more trouble than it's worth.