The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Won't Start !!!
(13-03-2024, 05:54 PM)clive medland Wrote: Hi, just gone outside to check wiring, burnt my finger on the starter motor terminal.
Guess what is tomorrows job ??  Thank you once again for your help. Regards Clive Medland

Sounds like you’ve found the problem.

Do answer Hugh’s question, it’s a sensible one.
Hi ,  In answer to Hugh's question not much has been done to my special apart from the usual maintenance.
This car is my general runaround, leaving my chummy for high days and holidays ! The weather this winter has been a little damp  and I have'nt been out in the car much.
I have discovered the pinion retaining spring badly damaged so have ordered a new one so fingers crossed it will cure the problem.
Thank you once again. Regards Clive Medland
I once found a squashed earwig between the pull starter contacts .
the plot thickens. Steve Hodgson checked over starter and I fitted it back on but still no success. I thick a visit from Steve will be necessary.
Battery seems fine ,cleaned the earth. My wife said stop winging that is what you got the car for !!! Fiddling !!! Clive
Clive can you use a multimeter? That would be my way forward now.
Clive, If you hold the starter in a vice whilst off the car will it spin fast if a batter and leads are fitted. If it does I would say the starter is ok. I would then look at the earth to make sure it is making a full circuit. Another thing to check is the switch contacts situated on top of the starter.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.