The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gas and ignition lever internal bits
(14-10-2023, 09:18 AM)Nick Turley Wrote: I don't know if this is helpful - but I use oil pump springs.
If you have any of you production available I would like 6  saves me making them !

Thanks for that tip, Nick. The first 12 are ready, save for the springs. I'll put another batch in hand ASAP - and let everyone interested know.
Very daft Idea but the screws look identical the the grease plug screws on the hub outers but with a bored out centre.
OK - I now seem to have something that should work.
The spring I found appears to be OK - on two cars the assembly is OK, but on a third a little weak. I'm still awaiting another sample.
The cost works out at £12.50 for a pusher rod, the screw-in part and a spring which I'll describe as "One set internal parts gas/ignition lever".
I have 12 sets available with more in the pipeline; first orders are limited to two sets per person.
The machinist fits the job in between others to keep the cost down.
I need to separate this from my normal business, so here's how to pay:
Cheques to: Mrs A.Griffiths
Direct bank payment to:
Mrs A Griffiths
NatWest
Account 47407492
Sort Code: 60 01 33
Send a letter with your cheque, or bank transfer details, and your address to
Tony Griffiths
The Channings
Wardlow
BUXTON
Derbyshire
SK17 8RP
Phone: 01298-871633
I think I've finally found a spring of the right size and strength and, if spec it should be OK. The originals had a relatively thick wire about 0.9mm in diameter but the spring was only 3 mm in diameter. From the samples now tested the only way of being sure of enough power was to wind a 4mm diameter spring inside one of 5 mm. A lot of fuss for a simple task!
Note: the tiny springs sold by what seems to be the UK's largest supplier are made - in India.
Update: instead of each spring costing around £2.50, the ones now found are only around 40p each hence the cost is now reduced to £10, delivered, for the three parts. They should now be available in early November.
Update:
GAS and IGNITION LEVER INTERNAL PARTS See: http://www.lathes.co.uk/austin-7-lever-parts
The bare cost to me works out at £8 - this is a no-profit exercise; The machinist fits the job in between others to keep the cost down.
The three parts are: the pusher rod with V-end, the tension screw, and the spring. These will be described as "Internal parts, one set to fit one 'gas' or one 'Ignition lever'.
Post and packing is £1.75 for up to six sets.
I need to separate this from my usual business, so here's how to pay:
Cheques to: Mrs A.Griffiths
Direct bank payment to:
Mrs A Griffiths
NatWest   Account 47407492   Sort Code: 60 01 33
Send a letter with your cheque, or bank transfer details, and your address to
Tony Griffiths
The Channings
Wardlow
BUXTON
Derbyshire
SK17 8RP