The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thumblist - Line: 1031 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 1031 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 832 get_post_attachments
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gas and ignition lever internal bits
I'm hoping to get made a small batch of the screw, push rod and spring for the gas and ignition levers. Having measured everything, I thought it might be a good idea to preserve the data on the forum. The thread of the 'tension screw' is 5/16 BSF.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Tony. If you do go ahead with this, please let me know. We definitely need one set and possibly as many as three.
Likewise I'd certainly be interested in two sets!
(10-10-2023, 12:50 PM)Martin Prior Wrote: Hi Tony.  If you do go ahead with this, please let me know.  We definitely need one set and possibly as many as three.

They are "in production" - and will probably be ready at the end of next week. The only problem is the spring; I think I've found the right one and am waiting for a sample. It's a large minimum order charge so I want to get to right the first time. That may delay things for a while.
Please may I put my name down for a set if there are enough to go round.
(11-10-2023, 08:10 AM)John3528 Wrote: Please may I put my name down for a set if there are enough to go round.
Yes, certainly. If made correctly and they check out, I'll probably put in hand a larger batch anyway. No idea on the price yet, but hopefully not too much. The main problem is finding a source for the right spring - I have some samples coming.
When I made some for my car I went to https://www.leespring.co.uk/compression-springs
However it was so long ago that I can't remember what I used, or where the other 98 springs probably are!
I used phosphor bronze for the V shaped bit, simply because I had a rod in exactly the right diameter.

Charles
Hi All

The springs need to be quite strong. The ones on both my RK and Special won’t hold the gas lever in place. This could be due to the accelerator return spring being too strong?

I’m up for a set or two of blocks, springs and retaining screws please Tony.
(11-10-2023, 12:07 PM)Charles P Wrote: When I made some for my car I went to https://www.leespring.co.uk/compression-springs
However it was so long ago that I can't remember what I used, or where the other 98 springs probably are!
I used phosphor bronze for the V shaped bit, simply because I had a rod in exactly the right diameter.

Charles

Yes, Lee Springs are the people I'm approaching. They have thousands of springs available that increase on all dimensions in fractions of a mm. From those, I'm hoping to select the right one.
I don't know if this is helpful - but I use oil pump springs.
If you have any of you production available I would like 6  saves me making them !