The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ebay ad - a bit of fun
I'd have arranged for it to be in a glass-fronted showroom, mixed in with a few supercars - and with somebody suitable admiring it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

And the young lady has brought her own "float on air" cushion.
Suffolk, UK

1925 Chummy
1934 Box
“That’s not a cushion. Nice Uncle Bertie says he’s going to take me to Prescott in his Bentley tomorrow, so that’s my Gucci sandwich bag.”
I do think the car looks a lot better standing on the level, rather than parked half on the pavement.

Perhaps the 'showroom option' could be offered as a feature on ebay for those who are 'location' challenged?

Missed the splodge. Would add an under-bonnet photo.

However, I hope someone does wish to take it on? - there is an option to make an offer before the end of the auction.
Maybe Doctor Blake's 1938 Pontiac Sloper was the inspiration ?  This is a period Australian series for those who don't catch daytime TV.

Are you sure that is a Sloper? It has got four wheels and will certainly have more than one cylinder.
(04-08-2023, 04:13 PM)John Cornforth Wrote: Maybe Doctor Blake's 1938 Pontiac Sloper was the inspiration ?  This is a period Australian series for those who don't catch daytime TV.
For a moment there I thought Tony had re-imagined what the Austin art department would have done to make the Ruby look a little roomier!
Isn't all down to the height of the man in the picture?  Is he 4'6", 5'6" or 6'6"?

.jpg   Pontiac v Ruby Sizes.jpg (Size: 191.65 KB / Downloads: 190)
I looked at it but there was not really much scope for my skills at special building and it would have been a bit naughty to chuck that body...and I did like the colour scheme, and it's now been sold.
Yes - naughty to think of chucking the body.

Has it been sold? (I thought the listing ended.)