The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ebay ad - a bit of fun
This Ruby is offered for sale on ebay - the car may be fine - and I don't know the seller so usual disclaimers, but...

If you were selling this car - being fussy, or even not so fussy - what THREE things would you change in the advert to hopefully increase the chances of a sale? 

.jpg   ebay Ruby 4 8 23.jpg (Size: 224.86 KB / Downloads: 450)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/256160604553
Maybe leave out the bit saying "Requires little to no maintenance". Also, 1935 would seem too early.
I would have to disagree with the remark " requires little to no maintenance"
Oh dear, on the kerb, on the double yellow lines, sadly drooping handle, and that's before I read the text/narrative/fiction.....
1. the year. It's clearly a mk 2, so cannot be 1935. DVLA list it as 1936.

2. I'd change to a photo that doesn't show pavement parking, and doesn't show parking on a double yellow line.

3. I'd remove photos showing the maroon spare wheel cover. I can about live with cream body and maroon wings, but the spare wheel cover is a bit of maroon too far.
a)  " Little or no maintenance " - my dream Seven!
b)  " little " and " noddy " - tautology
c)   " tax exempt " - no it's not, just zero rated.

Dreadful colour scheme. Would look good in California though...
I don't think I would describe it as a "convertable"
The scene at the Orchard entrance tomorrow.
“Excuse me sir, this is for vintage cars only. The modern car park is just along the road.”
“Stand aside, pal, this is a veteran convertible. It has come all the way from Cardiff and required no maintenance . You must let me in. Amongst the owners of Daimlers, Delages, Darraqs and DeDions, many heads will turn.”
Shouldn't have parked it alongside what looks like icecream vomit or seagull splat.
All the things said about where it is parked and colour scheme are immaterial to me looks a nice clean car and not over priced. I can live with it being a year out on year of registration. I know it’s a 1935 perhaps the current owner is s not as informed as the rest of us.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.