The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pramhood (AC) sidescreens
Oh well, I have what I have and the rest of the car is far from original. I'll just have to make up the frame to suit the windscreen pillars that I have. If anyone identify the pillars that I have it would be useful.
Suffolk, UK

1925 Chummy
1934 Box
(26-07-2023, 11:04 AM)Tony Griffiths Wrote: The pictures below show a late 1929 to early 1930 AE ...

Please don't look too closely at SV 6457 - it's a complete bitsa! The front of the body is 1929 aluminium (rescued from a skip) and the rear end is 1931 steel (reputedly from Madeira). It has the remains of both floors jammed together and pop-rivetted. It's known to its friends as 'Skanky' and is a regular contender on the VSCC trials scene.
Trials cars have led hard, but exciting, lives and it's good to see them being used.
I think I will make up some sidescreens in thin plywood to get the hinge to line up with the pillars and the door to open and close correctly. Once that's sorted I'll move on to a steel frame and the covers.
Suffolk, UK

1925 Chummy
1934 Box