The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pramhood (AC) sidescreens
I would like to make a set of sidescreens for my 1925 chummy. Does anyone have patterns or drawings of the metal parts? Photos of these sidescreens and the relevant fittings would be most useful. My car is something of a bitsa but there are "hooks" at the top of the windscreen stantions and peg holes in the door tops. Any guidance would be helpful.
Suffolk, UK

1925 Chummy
1934 Box
Martin I bought pegs and the sliding attachment  at the windscreen from willie mckenzie some time ago. The metal frames must suit the angle of the hood bows and the measured height of the hood to sill, none of which can be guaranteed identical from car to car. Just look at another car and make to suit.
Phil Baildon's drawings are in the Source Book. Page 78.
Many thanks, that will get me started with the CAD (cardboard aided design)!
Do you have any photos of the "sliding hinge" that holds the side screen to the windscreen pillar?
Suffolk, UK

1925 Chummy
1934 Box
Martin if the picture appears these are the items I received from willie McKenzie. I don't know if the 4 items on the right are part of the system, They have a 3 hole mounting base and a 3/16 hole in the square upright. I would like to know the function of those 4 items even if they are not part of the sidecurtain system. It was a long time ago.

https://webmail.iinet.net.au/index.php/m...G_0278.JPG
Sorry but that link doesn't work. Can you send the picture by email and then I'll post it for all to see?
I've spoken with Willie and he's not doing his kits at the moment, but he might make some in the quieter winter months.
Suffolk, UK

1925 Chummy
1934 Box
Hi Martin, whereabouts are you in Suffolk? I am near Ely so not too far away. I have a '25 chummy with original (recovered) sidescreens which you are welcome to have a look at. Any use?
(25-07-2023, 02:49 PM)MartinH Wrote: Sorry but that link doesn't work. Can you send the picture by email and then I'll post it for all to see?
I've spoken with Willie and he's not doing his kits at the moment, but he might make some in the quieter winter months.

Are you looking for a picture of the sliding clips? Here's one on a late 1928 Chummy. I don't know if the '25 is different - but the one shown is 5 inches long to the centre of the mounting pin and has a depth a shade under 0.75".

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Here are the photos from "Squeak" in Queensland showing the new parts from Willie McKenzie. I suspect that they are for an AD chummy but they do include the sliding upper brackets that I am interested in. Many thanks.

.jpg   IMG_0280.JPG (Size: 110.43 KB / Downloads: 132)

.jpg   IMG_0278.JPG (Size: 110.95 KB / Downloads: 132)

Lance, it would be good to see your car. Ive sent a PM with my contact details.

Tony's picture is interesting as it shows the "hook" on the windscreen pillar extending to the rear whereas mine is only in line with the pillar. As I said earlier my car is made up from various parts and the pillars could be from a later car. Is your (Tony) photo of an AC or an AD? Does this make any difference to the fitting on the sidescreen?

Suffolk, UK

1925 Chummy
1934 Box
(26-07-2023, 10:00 AM)MartinH Wrote: Here are the photos from "Squeak" in Queensland showing the new parts from Willie McKenzie. I suspect that they are for an AD chummy but they do include the sliding upper brackets that I am interested in. Many thanks.

Lance, it would be good to see your car. Ive sent a PM with my contact details.

Tony's picture is interesting as it shows the "hook" on the windscreen pillar extending to the rear whereas mine is only in line with the pillar. As I said earlier my car is made up from various parts and the pillars could be from a later car. Is your (Tony) photo of an AC or an AD? Does this make any difference to the fitting on the sidescreen?
The picture shows my AD; my AF also has the same fitting. The pictures below show a late1929 to early 1930 AE and three Pram Hood models - all with rear-pointing hooks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   AE High res2.jpg (Size: 266.76 KB / Downloads: 109)
.jpg   Pram hood screen post.jpg (Size: 84.58 KB / Downloads: 108)