The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battery alternatives for total loss system.
Just one thing to remember. If sometimes putting 12 volts onto a car that normally runs at 6 volts it would be easy to burn out things like the lights, any warning lights, or maybe the brake lights. I'm sure you can get around this, but forget and various bulbs might get blow.

I just run the car on 12 volts all the time, with 12 volt bulbs etc and an inline resistor to stop the wipers being too fast.
Just to update this, I tried the booster pack but it didn't like it as the 'battery' voltage was too low (in other words zero) and it requires a minimum voltage. I'll go down the small 12v battery route I think, although a more immediate issue is that there is a bolt producing out the bulkhead where the starter motor should be so I need to relocate that somehow.

I found a spare locating dowel in an old crankcase I have. I hadn't realised they were stepped so potentially not all that straightforward to replicate accurately. I need another one for another project - do any of the suppliers stock them?
(09-06-2023, 04:58 PM)RupertW Wrote: I found a spare locating dowel in an old crankcase I have. I hadn't realised they were stepped so potentially not all that straightforward to replicate accurately. I need another one for another project - do any of the suppliers stock them?

Not that I know of, but happy to be corrected.