The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHAT MATERIAL FOR SHOCKS
Hi May I ask ,what material are members using for the standard shock absorbers? I was watching a chap on Youtube that said only beach wood should be used for smooth operation and NEVER hard friction material otherwise the shock arms will jerk rather than a smooth absorbing action over rough ground.
Does anyone supply beach shock rings ?
Regards RPM.
David Cochrane (A7 Components) supplies them. However, my own car has friction material in the rear ones (I haven't had the front shock absorber to bits) and appears to be perfectly satisfactory in operation.
Thanks david, for the info.
I think the most important thing, and something I only learned recently after many years, was not to do them up too tight. They are not supposed to stop movement but to soften and dampen it...
There was a company with a stall at Moreton with the slogan Friction Damper Discs “No Stiction”
www.suspensionsupplies.Co.uk never used them but has anyone else tried them and if so any thoughts??
I have fitted some to two cars, recently. Owners reported that they provided a marked improvement.

Non personal experience, yet…
Discussed, previously, here: https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/for...p?tid=7963

Mine are excellent and worth the cost. No connection other than a satisfied customer.

Steve
Incidentally, it's beech not beach.

Two entirely different things .
No sand then  Smile
Thanks all for sharing the supplier of this new replacement shock absorber material and comments about how it has performed. will get on and order.
Thanks to Ray White also for pointing out my error in using the wrong beach/ beech. unfortunately for me I had epilepsy throughout my school years and sometimes it shows and causes much embarrassment.