The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin 7 dash colour and finish?
This is what I used: Gekkofix mahogany 10064 self-adhesive foil.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Andrew Fallon
Netherlands
Thanks all. That doesn't look too bad Andrew, though knowing me I'd probably talk myself into trying to paint it.
I scumbled the door cappings on my Box - I still have the paints in the shed (whether they are liquid still or not is another mattter) You are welcome to them, Chris. The tricky bit is creating the 'grain' and I did it with some metal combs I borrowed which I may still have access to..

For those of you who arent aware of the process, you paint a light colour on the item first then, when that is dry, you paint a darker colour on top and run the comb through it to expose the lighter colour beneath, making it look like wood grain. My efforts were amateurish but I was happy with them at the time. A skilled person can achieve remarkable results...
One of the advantages of having a "Standard" saloon is that you don't have the door cappings to worry about!
[Image: WP-20170927-13-41-58-Pro.jpg]
(07-01-2023, 10:15 AM)Reckless Rat Wrote: One of the advantages of having a "Standard" saloon is that you don't have the door cappings to worry about!
[Image: WP-20170927-13-41-58-Pro.jpg]

+1 Bruce.
(07-01-2023, 09:20 AM)Hugh Barnes Wrote: I scumbled the door cappings on my Box - I still have the paints in the shed (whether they are liquid still or not is another mattter) You are welcome to them, Chris. The tricky bit is creating the 'grain' and I did it with some metal combs I borrowed which I may still have access to..

For those of you who arent aware of the process, you paint a light colour on the item first then, when that is dry, you paint a darker colour on top and run the comb through it to expose the lighter colour beneath, making it look like wood grain. My efforts were amateurish but I was happy with them at the time. A skilled person can achieve remarkable results...

Thanks Hugh! As you probably realised by the time I get to this job your pots will certainly be dry! I'm trying to use the winter eves to research future tasks. Would be good to take a look though - let's catch up some time soon.
Here's my first attempt at scumbling, after which I varnished it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Very nice, well done!

I’ve kept mine black, much easier!
Nice work Dave!!
Better than mine!