The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SU HS2 and E10 petrol
Hi All

Both the special and the RK have no problems with E10 apart from a propensity to knock more easily in the case of the special.  I try to run on E5 but recently have been caught out by garages selling only E10.

Hence the reason for my original post.

Cheers

Howard
My early Ruby with low compression head and two bearing crankshaft also runs on whatever I give it. I have tried E5 and E10 and various brands. I also tried 90% petrol with 10% diesel fuel. There was no noticeable difference. Possibly it ran slightly better with the diesel mixture, but that means messing about, so generally it just gets filled with E10.

Often it is used twice a week, sometimes it stands for 6 or 7 weeks. No problems.
Burlen now have a new set of seals to replace the corks for E10 in their catalogue, together with their stay up plastic floats. However it need new seats and is a complete kit at their usual prices. Don't know what they are doing about the jets with the small hose HS2 type.