The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SU HS2 and E10 petrol
Hi All

I know the subject of E10 fuel has been done to death but I’m currently renovating an HS2 SU carb which has a short plastic tube between the float bowl and jet. As my configuration is semi updraft I’ve had to shorten this tube.  This got me thinking about the tube's resistance to E10 and it’s possible replacement. It is very similar to strimmer  and chainsaw fuel pipes which I understand have significant problems with E10.

Has anyone with this specific type of carb had problems with E10? 

Cheers

Howard
Used such a carb on my Ulster with E10 in Sprints and Hillclimbs for the full season in 2021 and never had any issue. Haven't had any issues with my mower or chain saw with plastic fuel pipes either.

Steve
Hi Steve

Thanks. That’s reassuring.

Cheers

Howard
Reassuring, but only a Yorkshire man would use E10 in his race car. ??
Alan Fairless
I have been using an HS2 on my Ulsteroid since 2003 and have not had to worry about the tube in 25,000 miles over that period.
Hi Robert

Thanks

Howard
Thumbs Up 
(15-10-2022, 08:20 PM)Alan Wrote: Reassuring, but only a Yorkshire man would use E10 in his race car.  ??

Wink Wink Big Grin

Notice I said 2021 season, not 2022................... Idea

Steve
ESSO SYNERGY SUPREME, is ethanol free  99 octane
even though the pump has a green label E5.
Until recently I had managed to steer clear of E 10 - 95 octane fuell and had no issues with E 5 - 98 octane fuel (but I have to admit that the tank and spare jerrycan were also filled up with expensive Ecomaxx classic car fuel ). Early September we had a club outing, I miscalculated the contents of the tank and ended up empty. As there were no decent fuel stations with e 5 -98 octane fuel along the rural roads I could not avoid topping up with E 10 95 octane. Car had been garaged since and yesterday afternoon we had a bl..dy h..ll of trouble getting the car started. When it finally did it would not idle as usual etc.etc. In short : all the problems associated by others with E 10 fuel. So now I'll drain the tank and stick to e 5 and Ecomaxx only.
Strange. My RP runs perfectly fine on E10. I haven't noticed any problems associated with the Ethanol content. In fact it seems happy on whatever I put in it.