The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Anyone Else Watching out for Grids and Potholes?
It's very difficult to sell scrap metal these days. The great majority of recyclers (newspeak for scrap dealers) are honest and have no choice but to comply with strict regulations to avoid handling stolen property. I've been using the same recycler for my scrap and off-cuts etc since 1975 and I still have to provide ID on a regular basis! There is a form with a box which has to be ticked and so... I'm not saying that there aren't any bent ones but it is more difficult than it
"used to once was"
Bronze is not too difficult to melt and cast into ingots if you want to steal memorial plaques but I hope never to meet someone who would stoop to that level.
When at the centenary I thought the roads around there were pretty good,went then to north west Leicestershire again good.On moving on to south Derbyshire and east staffordshire the roads generally appalling,so much so I didn't want to drive the seven.
The last time I did the Scottish VSCC trial in 2010 the local roads around Biggar were worse than some of the trials sections.
I always keep an eye for potholes and other irregularities in the road surface and try to avoid running over any odd items since i blew a tyre on the M23 in my modern. The other day a friend was following me to a gathering and I spotted something odd in the road so I carefully swerved the Austin around it. When we arrived a few minutes later he said "I was impressed the way you avoided that crisp bag!"