The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Goodwood Revival
Yes, I've been invited as part of the parade.
As I understand it, the brief was to accumulate 100 of the more unusual 7s in order to demonstrate the diversity of the model. Hence Sports, Coachbuilts, Commercials etc but not standard factory productions.
Hopefully I've been accepted with my RP saloon. Another of our club members will be there with their Opal
Yes I've been invited to take my RN saloon
Andy Lowe
Why has no one complained yet about any of the following regarding this event:

No Dogs !
The cost of Entry !
The Lack of Tickets !
No Public Entry !
Distance from their house !
The School Holidays !
The Cost of Petrol !
No Dogs [ Again ! ] !

I thought 2022 was the year of the unfounded protestor !!
(31-08-2022, 04:08 PM)JohnD Wrote: Why has no one complained yet about any of the following regarding this event:

No Dogs !
The cost of Entry !
The Lack of Tickets !
No Public Entry !
Distance from their house !
The School Holidays !
The Cost of Petrol !
No Dogs [ Again ! ] !

I thought 2022 was the year of the unfounded protestor !!

Ok, I'll bite!

You won't find any motorsport event that permits dogs. Anywhere.

As for cost of entry, ticket availability cost of fuel and distance to travel - yes, I'll agree with all that.
(31-08-2022, 04:45 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: You won't find any motorsport event that permits dogs. Anywhere.

(31-08-2022, 04:45 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: You won't find any motorsport event that permits dogs. Anywhere.

You can take your dog to many Stockcar tracks, walk them around the pit lane and sit trackside ! But lets not get into that !!
Mike, a true anorak would point out that dogs are allowed for trials, and usually on nav rallies. Fortunately I am no such thing and so will quickly return to the workshop.

I do hope that anyone who complained about any part of the centenary has written an abject apology and send it in a brown envelope to the organisers, accompanied by a wine token, or maybe a valve chest cover token.
Steve, i doubt that they will appologise, but of the thousands who attended and the hundreds who have written since with thanks did boulster the spirits of all involved.
(31-08-2022, 04:58 PM)Steve kay Wrote: Mike, a true anorak would point out that dogs are allowed for trials, and usually on nav rallies...

Agreed, I should have said speed events. I am appalled to learn that stock car meetings allow dogs.
Relax Mike. I am fairly sure the dogs are not allowed to drive...