The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to remove window winder handle.
(06-02-2018, 06:21 PM)Steve Jones Wrote: I think you'll find that the quadrant will be OK and it's the mechanism is catching on part of the timber framing to the door when you try to wind the window back up. I had the same problem a couple of years ago and, whilst I can't remember which actual bit of the framing, that was the answer. Now you've got the handle off you should be able to remove the door card and, if like mine, all will become obvious.

Steve

Thanks for that Steve. Have taken the door card off, and undone the mixture of slotted and pozidrive screws (!), that hold the plank with the quadrant attached, but got no further. To be continued, and hoping it may turn out as simple as you suggest!

(06-02-2018, 03:41 PM)Reckless Rat Wrote: I have a pair of Hobson Perfect handles ion my RP saloon. For info the knob on the end of the lever should be free to rotate but may have seized through accumulation of dirt and/or corrosion over the years. Always a good thing in my view to have your knob in proper working order...

Was fine once I’d given it a vigorous rub with a polishing cloth.....?

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to remove window winder handle. - by Austinsixandahalf - 06-02-2018, 06:39 PM
RE: How to remove window winder handle. - by JonE - 15-07-2019, 08:40 PM