The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LED units for D and Pork Pie type rear lights…
I have used Classic Dynamo & Regulator Conversions and norbsa (http://www.norbsa02.freeuk.com/goffyleds.htm). Both entirely satisfactory.
Jim
Thanks Graham

I'll investigate landrover stockists
(18-08-2022, 08:59 AM)Denis Sweeney Wrote: I have LED’s in all my Ruby lights, sides, headlamps, rear wing side and brake, pork pie, side indicators and flashing trafficators. All from a uk supplier, not the cheapest option but they are all very bright. I have also inadvertently left lights on overnight during the Eurotour and she started without any issue of draining the battery.
The tail lights are all LED boards and the pork pie has a white down light for the rear number plate.
Denis - might you have details of the LED boards used in the rear lights?
Sent you a pm Tony
Tony, further to your comments regarding LED's for rear wing lights on a Ruby I attach a photo of the LED board fitted into my rear lights which act as side and brake lights.
The original rear wings lights were in a very sorry state with rusted bezels, perished rubber and corrode bulb holder and so I purchased a pair of repro lights and fitted the LED boards as shown below using the fitting kit provided with the boards.
The board act as both side and brake lights and are very bright in use.
I did try to PM you with this message but could not get the message to go with the photo attached.
Hope this helps

Attached Files
.docx   Rear light LED's.docx (Size: 821.59 KB / Downloads: 75)
(25-08-2022, 05:32 PM)Denis Sweeney Wrote: Tony, further to your comments regarding LED's for rear wing lights on a Ruby I attach a photo of the LED board fitted into my rear lights which act as side and brake lights.
The original rear wings lights were in a very sorry state with rusted bezels, perished rubber and corrode bulb holder and so I purchased a pair of repro lights and fitted the LED boards as shown below using the fitting kit provided with the boards.
The board act as both side and brake lights and are very bright in use.
I did try to PM you with this message but could not get the message to go with the photo attached.
Hope this helps

Thank you, David. Where did you buy them?

Attached Files
.jpg   Rear Lights LED conversion.jpg (Size: 143.03 KB / Downloads: 176)
Tony, all my LED’s were from Dynamoregulatorconversions
Cheers
(28-08-2022, 08:57 PM)Denis Sweeney Wrote: Tony, all my LED’s were from Dynamoregulatorconversions
Cheers

Thank you, Denis. I've looked them up, and they seem to be precisely what's needed. The Company even notes the fact that the contacts in the replica lights are something of a problem...
Tony, attached a photo of my Ruby showing the rear side and pork pie lights in action, as you can see they are very bright, not everyone's cup of tea for sure but think they are very affective.
Cheers

Sorry effective!!

Attached Files
.pdf   LED rear lights on my Ruby.pdf (Size: 392.79 KB / Downloads: 39)
(29-08-2022, 03:58 PM)Denis Sweeney Wrote: Tony, attached a photo of my Ruby showing the rear side and pork pie lights in action, as you can see they are very bright, not everyone's cup of tea for sure but think they are very affective.
Cheers

Sorry effective!!
Excellent! I've ordered a set.....