The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autokarna
I still work in gallons, it brings me to my senses...one of the reasons I sold the Plymouth which I was getting 9mpg out of when getting a wriggle on!
must admit, all this litre stuff is confusing nonsence.

especially when my modern car, tells me how many miles to the gallon im doing.

however, the pumps at the station. gives us litres. so for me its easier to work out how much im being robbed in litres.

or if you like how much the cost of austin 7 parts are going up in price. by the litre.

tony
As with the decimalization of our money the change to liters is a way to sneak in price rises, over the last 11 months petrol has gone up by £1.00 a gallon. The petrol pump meter might indicate liters but I always fill the Sevens up by looking in the tank filler, easy with a front tank car, if I haven't gone onto reserve I can only get 3.5 gallons in.
I suspect some drivers watch the petrol pump money meter because last week I went to fill the Seven and started putting the fuel in at the same time as a guy with an enormous SUV on the pump next to me started, he finished and was leaving the station before I finished filling and I only put 3 gallons (13.5 liters) in.
sneak in price rises.

spot on dave.

for those who dont catch on so quick, 1p per litre doesnt feel like much. and they dont complain.

if they were charged 4.5p a gallon, they would catch on alot quicker.

tony.
For anyone interested, there is an 18 minute video on youtube, posted presumably by a non A7 entrant, Domenico Diiorio.

Search: 2022 Austin 7 Autokarna Mount sorrel