The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supply of Pistons
Thanks Robert. If you can help that would be fantastic.

Thanks for your advice. Hopefully the guys can source me a replacement and I can get Ruby back on the road. Thanks everyone for your help.
One of Robert's spare pistons got me out of a hole in similar circumstances (thankyou)... and after some jiggering around with three different weight gudgeon pins and some washers, I got the 4 conrod/piston assemblies to within 2g of each other. Start up shortly, as soon as I have found what I did with the manifold...

How are you going to sort rings, or are they all fine?
(13-07-2021, 05:21 PM)Ian K Wrote: Thanks for the info. It is a HEPOLITE piston with the following numbers 1003. On the other side it has U2303AM/412. I have no idea what this means. I measured the piston diameter and it is 2.255 inches. On the surface of the piston it says RS
+060. It did have the word front on it too but that was facing the back of the engine.

Yes, got one of those. Yours if you want it. PM me your address and I'll send it on. However, please remember these are very old pistons although of good quality. If one's broken up, others might not be far behind and if it was me I'd be of the view that the day of reckoning is here and the proper repair is rebore and new pistons. It's not my car or my engine, though, so happy to send you the piston and wish you good luck.

You will need some rings though.

Steve
Steve, that's brilliant. My address is

2 Howard's Mews
Clophill
Bedfordshire
MK45 4AZ

My email is I.kay667@btinternet.com
Ian
You stated that the piston FRONT marking was towards the back of the engine. It is worth noting that if you have a split skirt piston the split should be towards the valves, so that the main side thrust on the power stroke is taken on the plain side of the piston. I can explain further when we meet.