The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supply of Pistons
I found my Ruby had low compression. After removing the head and sump took out the offending piston expecting to find a broken ring. Instead a small piece of piston which forms the fillet between rings 1 and 2 fell out. Accordingly I need a new piston. I have tried the suppliers without success. Can you suggest anyone who might have a supply of pistons, mine being +60. I only want to change one but can't find any at the minute. I live in Bedfordshire so someone reasonable close by would be favourite as I would need to see before buying.
Tony Leslie (Holmesdale Sevens) is in  Coney Weston, Bury St. Edmunds. He carries a good range of pistons.

01359 221838 (9am – 5.00pm)  holmesdale7@gmail.com
Rick

In deepest Norfolk
Which type are they Ian? You will want a match if only for balance. Post a photo perhaps...

There are perhaps 2 or 3 types in current circulation but also older obsolete styles which may be the reason our suppliers can't help.
I have tried the contact mentioned who wasn't able to help. I have taken a picture of the piston but don't know how to attach it to this post. This might work.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Looks like a Seven Workshop piston - have you spoken to Jamie? 
I can't say whether he'd be willing to split a set but he's normally very helpful.

(apologies, just had a rummage in my used pistons box but no +0.060's there)
I've spoken to Jamie and he doesn't have any in stock. He won't have until first quarter next year.
The piston could be Seven Workshop but it could be something older. Hepolite, Wellworthy etc. Look inside and there should be a manufacturer's name or a reference number (SW if Seven Workshop) on the side or underside. Replacing one piston in isolation is something I'd not do but I have a few odd pistons I use for sizing bores (not sure I've a SW +60 though) and if that's what you want to do I'll look to see if I've a match.

Steve
I may be able to help. I have sent a PM.
Robert Leigh
Thanks for the info. It is a HEPOLITE piston with the following numbers 1003. On the other side it has U2303AM/412. I have no idea what this means. I measured the piston diameter and it is 2.255 inches. On the surface of the piston it says RS
+060. It did have the word front on it too but that was facing the back of the engine.
Hepolite pistons are very similar to SW Ian and I personally wouldn't hesitate to mix them under your circs, at least as a stop-gap.
Equally I would have no qualms about a sound 2nd hand part - hopefully either Robert or Steve can fix you up with something.