The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 1/4" Brake Shoes
Mark and Martin Might be easier to replace all of them with 1" shoes. Can't imagine there will be a great deal of difference in braking performance. I too am short of 1and a 1/4" shoes and going to use 1"
(01-05-2020, 10:56 PM)Zetomagneto Wrote: Mark and Martin Might be easier to replace all of them with 1" shoes. Can't imagine there will be a great deal of difference in braking performance. I too am short of 1and a 1/4" shoes and going to use 1"

Yes I have plenty of 1" shoes, it's just that the car I have bought has brand new cast iron drums so I thought I would do the best I could.

(01-05-2020, 09:43 AM)AustinWood Wrote: I bought new brake shoes from John Barlow some years ago. I think he still lists them.

I am having trouble contacting John, the phone number on his website is disconnected I tried another from this site and I assume it's his home number and have left a message twice with no answer.  Does anyone know John and could give him a nudge to answer his emails?
Cheers

Mark
Friction is independent of the area of contact so 1" shoes will work as well as 1 1/4" but with shorter wear life although using the new fangled bonded linings you will get back the lost wear area .
(01-05-2020, 11:56 PM)Tony Press Wrote: Friction is independent of the area of contact so 1" shoes will work as well as 1 1/4" but with shorter wear life although using the new fangled bonded linings you will get back the lost wear area .

Wear really is not much of a concern so maybe the 1" ones will be fine. Thanks Tony Press.
Cheers

Mark