The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 1/4" Brake Shoes
Has anyone produced repro 1 1/4" Brake Shoes or is there anyone with some second hand ones? I need 3.
Cheers

Mark
I'm sure Tony Betts said he had some... check his website and email him?
These seem surprisingly hard to come by. I, too, need 3.
(01-05-2020, 08:37 AM)JonE Wrote: I'm sure Tony Betts said he had some... check his website and email him?
Website does not have any, I have emailed.
Cheers

Mark
I bought new brake shoes from John Barlow some years ago. I think he still lists them.
Jim
Perhaps it is time for me to start charging $200 a shoe rather than help people out and give them away!
Black Art Enthusiast
hi mark,

stoopidly busy here at the moment, no word of a lie. i have 3 months of work to do in the last 3 weeks.

nothing seams to be coming in, and its getting scarry Huh

tempted to turn the phone off this coming week to catch up with the requests.

as ive just answered winstons thread, it is hugely time consuming to strip and sort the condition of used spares.

i probably have a couple, but we are getting down to having to remove the liners. to see how bad the corrosion is on the shoe.

i have sourced prices of new 1 1/4 shoe with liners and steel cups fitted, but to get them at the price austin 7 people expect to pay, the quantitys are huge. and as im still whaiting for things ive ordered 6 months ago. i doubt i could have new shoes on the market in 12 months.

so if john has got them, depending on them being machined. or even having the steel plates on them. its worth asking.

doing my own projects over the weekend. so wont start looking at all the requests until monday.

ive sold really good 1 1/4 shoes for £20 each, but if IAN can get $200 perhaps i should made brake shoes a higher priority.

over here, they are getting seriously hard to get.

sorry, tony.
And there was I thinking the 1 1/4" Alloy shoes were the common ones. !!!!!
Hahaha yeah Tony, in general people here are not willing to pay UK prices let alone $200 a shoe, I was of course just being facetious!
Black Art Enthusiast
hi ian,

yep, i totally got the funny side of it.

the stoopid thing is, if they get any harder to get over here. people may be offering you your price. they may cough over the postage though Big Grin

a quick story, 3 years ago there was a box in edmonds auction with a load in. i sorted out how many were useable. and at the time valued them at £10 each sale price for good ones. so i needed them for less to get a profit. the auction went mad. a dealer i know bought them. the auction price made the good ones just over £20 each buy in. either he gets better prices than i can. or hadnt realised how many were damaged? or perhaps just desperate for his own car.

tony