The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
RM Battery box
Yes, three parts as you say - they are certainly 'glued' together, but I cannot see any evidence of spot welds; could they be soldered?
Thanks Mike that is exactly what I was looking for, it would good to get copies of the pictures I will PM you. I believe the Chummy Battery boxes are the same dimensions, they are spot welded at the base but not the sides and sprung onto the floor pan, there being no fixings to the floor pan either.
Black Art Enthusiast
I need to repair the battery box in my chummy as it's rusted through on the base.

It's a loose fit in the floor and just seems to hang off the flange at the top. However, when you try and lift it out it is restricted by the flanges on the seat support above. 

Is there a trick I'm missing here or is it the case that the battery box was originally installed before the seat supports so can't be removed?

Grateful for any advice whilst in the meantime I remain baffled!...
Hi Mike

I appreciate your time in getting the photos and measurements.
My old one for RM Apr/May '31, was one of those that Ian Williams looked at. We had talked about it but Ian was the one to do something about it and posted to the forum. Mine had welded seams, made I believe back in early 1970s.
The details have been valuable. Two local members made up battery boxes for themselves this morning. I will do one for my car in a few weeks.

Thank you for your efforts.

Kind Regards
Ian Watson (also of Auckland, NZ)