The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
RM Battery box
Can anyone provide accurate dimensions and pictures of a genuine RM Saloon battery box? Mine and all others I have been able to inspect seem to have been replaced over the years, I need to produce a couple and if I am making new I might as well make them to the original pattern.
Black Art Enthusiast
Hi Ian, you could try JENOX7 on ebay. They do sell Battery Boxes and will make to suit. They may have the information you are looking for.
Regards
Smiley
I think you'll find that JENOX7 is the eBay site for Oxfordshire Sevens.

http://www.oxfordshiresevens.co.uk/parts...and-parts/
If you want it in a hurry go somewhere else, I have had an A post repair panel been on order since 3/11, I have had every excuse imaginable why it has not arrived, "Jenny has changed jobs" ," "posted it yesterday",didn't arrive so phoned," ah what was it you ordered ?"," I have had it sent back as the label fell off", last Thursday a message on the answerphone " I have just managed to catch the post ,will be with you on Saturday" nothing arrived Saturday or today ,so phoned Ian again , "Ah I will have to catch Jenny ",why "well she does all the post and her father has cataracts " !!!!!!, I pointed out that I still have it on the answer phone that HE posted it on Thursday
I do not want to go to anyone as I am more that capable of making an accurate battery box, they are very simple after all. However I like to count rivets, I make no excuses for that, if I am restoring a car I get the greatest pleasure in returning it to factory spec, to do so I need to find an ORIGINAL example.
Black Art Enthusiast
(04-12-2017, 02:16 PM)Nigel was in Brittany Wrote: If you want it in a hurry go somewhere else, I have had an A post repair panel been on order since 3/11, I have had every excuse imaginable why it has not arrived, "Jenny has changed jobs" ," "posted it yesterday",didn't arrive so phoned," ah what was it you ordered ?"," I have had it sent back as the label fell off", last Thursday a message on the answerphone " I have just managed to catch the post ,will be with you on Saturday" nothing arrived Saturday or today ,so phoned Ian again , "Ah I will have to catch Jenny ",why "well she does all the post and her father has cataracts " !!!!!!, I pointed out that I still have it on the answer phone that HE posted it on Thursday
Sorry to here your frustration Nigel,It is annoying when you feel you are being fobbed off.
In their defence I bought some Chummy rad brackets from inox7 well made laser cut and properly folded only £16 and arrived inside a week.Hoping for repeat experience as they have a number of items I like.Lets hope this is a temporary hiccup
(04-12-2017, 10:52 PM)Zetomagneto Wrote:
(04-12-2017, 02:16 PM)Nigel was in Brittany Wrote: If you want it in a hurry go somewhere else, I have had an A post repair panel been on order since 3/11, I have had every excuse imaginable why it has not arrived, "Jenny has changed jobs" ," "posted it yesterday",didn't arrive so phoned," ah what was it you ordered ?"," I have had it sent back as the label fell off", last Thursday a message on the answerphone " I have just managed to catch the post ,will be with you on Saturday" nothing arrived Saturday or today ,so phoned Ian again , "Ah I will have to catch Jenny ",why "well she does all the post and her father has cataracts " !!!!!!, I pointed out that I still have it on the answer phone that HE posted it on Thursday
Sorry to here your frustration Nigel,It is annoying when you feel you are being fobbed off.
In their defence I bought some Chummy rad brackets from inox7 well made laser cut and properly folded only £16 and arrived inside a week.Hoping for repeat experience as they have a number of items I like.Lets hope this is a temporary hiccup

The good news is (after not arriving today either ) Jenny has it in the back of the car and SHOULD be posted off this afternoon ,amazing as its done a round Robin when the postage label fell off and was posted out to me last Thursday.

Edit today , 7/12, Offered to send Ian a copy of Google maps from his place to the Post office so Jenny can find it as nothing has arrived today either.
Similar mixed experience of JENOX7.
One item delivered by return, very good piece of A7 metalwork.
Next time wrong item delivered - no attempt at correcting situation, eventually had to get eBay/PayPal refund.
Unfortunately, not reliable.
Ian, I have finally stirred myself and grovelled under my car (1931 RM):

.jpg   P1060744.800.jpg (Size: 205.93 KB / Downloads: 256)

.jpg   P1060746.800.jpg (Size: 181.27 KB / Downloads: 254)

.jpg   P1060748.800.jpg (Size: 226.09 KB / Downloads: 255)

.jpg   P1060747.800.jpg (Size: 221.99 KB / Downloads: 255)

The car was laid up from 1961 until its restoration in 2011, and the box was not replaced then, so it seems likely to be the original.

External measurements are 7½" front to back, 7" wide, 5¾" deep, all flanges are 5/8", and there is one ¼" drain hole.

Hope this helps; if you want high res copies of the photos, let me have your email address and I'll forward them.
(06-12-2017, 12:17 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: Ian, I have finally stirred myself and grovelled under my car (1931 RM):

The car was laid up from 1961 until its restoration in 2011, and the box was not replaced then, so it seems likely to be the original.

External measurements are 7½" front to back, 7" wide, 5¾" wide, all flanges are 5/8", and there is one ¼" drain hole.

Hope this helps; if you want high res copies of the photos, let me have your email address and I'll forward them.
Hi Mike

That is three part, 2 sides and end/base/end?

Presumably spot welded?

Of interest to me, because my tourer has a box that looks like it was bodged by someone like me in a previous existence, and I too would like it more original looking.

Simon