The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
green supercharged seven
We normally us studs and nuts, but withe engine being American. It could be metric threads. So they have used bolts?

If anyone has any info on the car this is a copy of, let me know. The museum would love to have more info on it.

Tony.

Stopped of at a place called chimney rock on the way back, look it up.

It's high, and I'm not one for heights.

You could definitely smell the fear by the time we reached the top.

[attachment=1216]

[attachment=1217]

[attachment=1218]

The pictures don't do it justice, but at 2,500ft above sea level. Sticking out the front of a mountain.

The views are stunning.

[attachment=1219]

[attachment=1220]

[attachment=1221]
Thumbs Up 
Hello Tony, what an excellent travel-log, more please.
I have seen the owner of 'Wheels through time' on his show 'What's in the barn?' he seems to have created an impressive set up.
On a slightly different note a group in the US are creating a steam locomotive similar to the one in your photo to beat Mallard's world record for a steam loco.
Regards from the creative county - Staffordshire
Stuart
Austin, this is the car Campbell used at Daytona

.jpg   A-000840-AustinSevenRacer-MalcolmCampbell1931 (2).jpg (Size: 47.48 KB / Downloads: 244)
(31-10-2017, 09:20 PM)Tony Betts Wrote:
The museum have signs up not to touch the exhibited.

But we are in luck, my guide just happens to be a lad called andy. From no less than Derby uk. A brilliant and helpfull chap, but he did stop at the request of can we remove the nosecone for a better look at the supercharger.

yes The car is supercharged. But it's on the front of the engine. And hard to see what type it is.

It's not a Cozette though.

This car was extensively discussed on the forum in August, search for- Super charged Austin seven .

Seems to be loosely based on Leon Cushmans 1931 Brooklands  car.

Cheers, Tony.
Thanks Tony,

Does anyone have pictures to post of cushmans car.

Thanks tony
Hi Tony,

A few pictures of Cushmans car on the Super charged Austin seven posting in August.

Cheers, Tony.

Attached Files
.jpg   Cushmans Brooklands Car.jpg (Size: 121.18 KB / Downloads: 173)
Struggling to find many of my pictures? It looks like my iPad has had a clear out without instruction.

Wilst in maggy valley, as anywere I like to have a chat with anyone who listens. Plus the accent always goes down well. The owner of an antique shop suggested, have you been down to the Indian resurvasion yet.

The direction were if you go back the way you can in for 4 miles and turn left. It about 20 minutes over the hill.

It took us a hour to get there, the hill was a full blown mountain. There was no road over the top third just well worn dirt tracks, and 500 feet shear drop reveines. Which we got very close to as the odd car came the other way. The rental car took a fair battering, we lost part of the inner front wing, and took on a slow puncture to the rear.

We were close to giving up, feeling like we had been taken for gulable tourists. And left in the middle on nowhere. But we were over the other side an the flatlands between the mountains started to open up.

Then we go to see a bit of what we had come for, it was evening time and the elk were on the move.

[attachment=1226]

[attachment=1227]

The stag in the second pic, was making the eriest noise you had heard.

Sadly no bears though, they are known in the area. But was told numbers are reduced due to previous years fires, and hunting.

The best bit for me, was on the way back over the hill. A bunch of wilk Turkey on the road.

Wonderful.

[attachment=1228]
Great photos, Tony. I'm not sure they would have used metric threads in the 1930's. Most used threads here are UNC and UNF. Before WW2 it was ANSI or American National Standard Coarse and American National Standard Fine.

Erich
[attachment=1229]

[attachment=1230]

Wonderful, I've drunk plenty of wild turkey. But never Sean it in the wild.
We have elk here in the PNW. In the fall rut, the bulls bugle, which is likely what you heard. They are impressive animals!

Erich