The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Front and rear inner hubs
As said rear hub size went larger to take larger bearings and longer half shaft taper and diameter. After a while someone realised it would make life easier if all hubs were same so the front inner (really called the seal or felt carrier) was made larger so the same front and back so interchangeable.  They didn't think that 80 years later this may cause a bit of confusion  Big Grin

Dennis
As was often the case, there are some 'transitional' cars about.  The full Girling brakes with the heavier hub is given in Wyatt as being introduced at 286571, with the dowels being removed from the brake drums at 287828.  My car at 287777 has the heavy hubs with dowelled wheels/drums - the only difference in the drums from the normal semi-Girling is that the centre hole is opened up slightly to take the heavier hub - it therefore takes earlier wheels.  The bearing in the front hub is unchanged from the semi-Girling size.

Colin
I meant to say  'I don't think the Front Hub Bearings were changed. ' but if the front hub felt housing was changed to match the rear then possibly the bearings did change ?