The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
I did about 60 miles out in the Ruby today. It was interesting.

After a couple of hours at the Punch Bowl at Marton cum Grafton I headed to a relative in York and then daughters near York, before a drive home with the sun setting.

Driving out to Marton on A roads and smaller roads I usually drive about as fast as I can in order to not annoy the speedster two inches behind, but today I went more leisurely. Between 35 and 38 mph the traffic behind seemed no different to if I drive at 42 ish. So leisurely seemed better.

In York the poor seven bounced about on what seemed like millions of speed bumps. Mental note, don't drive in York, go somewhere else.

Later, driving home my wife suggested sticking to the main roads, instead of the usual route home from daughters along twenty miles of twisty country lanes. To my surprise the traffic on the single carriageway main A roads didn't seem too unhappy to poddle along at 36 mph. It was quite restful in the seven and much easier than the constant speeding up and down for bends and junctions on the country lanes.

An interesting day.

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by andrew34ruby - 03-06-2023, 10:05 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM