The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Today my 7 has saved the day.
Tomorrow I am due to travel 300 miles as part of the ongoing attempts to sell our house in the south.
Today, on returning from a trip to the local tip to deposit an old fridge (that's another story, special pass required, with minimum 48 hours notice, so I was expecting them to have organised some sort if welcoming party for me and sorely tempted to say 'too much effort' and just leave it by the roadside), I noticed that the modern was listing at the rear.
A quick inspection revealed a snapped spring.
Thankful that it didn't go on the A1, the A7 was brought into service to travel 12 miles to the local town with a parts supplier. It included a stretch of dual carriageway where I had to cut across to take a right turn. Everyone was impeccable in their road manners. The only difficulty being getting across to the right lane because of an enthusiast passenger in a modern pulling alongside to take pictures.
Anyway, 2 hours later and a quick watch of a helpful Youtube video to point out a couple of bolts I needed to remove to drop the rear beam, and the modern of fixed and I am ready to go.
Where would we be without a reliable 7?
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Andy Bennett - 28-03-2023, 03:29 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM