The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Hi Howard
Off Sevens, but corrugated iron is or more was very extensively used for roofing here, although most areas not especially suited, except little industrial pollution.  My grandfather came from England and was disgusted. In the Depression they spent a lot of time patching and he called it "fowl house work".   The new ribbed section is becoming popular and I was surprised that it apparently expensive. As with so many building materials the worry would be that it not a section standardised long term. Dunno about UK but extreme scaffolding rules have made all professional roof maintenance very expensive. I think even Tony's shed would have required scaffolding or barriers. We have universal Accident compo, including for income forever, and the state is determined to reduce opportunities and their bill.

Hi Bob 46320
The Seven wheel bearings are very adequately sized for car and should last forever. Most problems arise from years abandoned with water entry, or more commonly looseness in the hub, begun by the large race not being clamped. The old advice to pump hub full of grease is absurd. Curious to learn outcome

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Bob Culver - 05-03-2020, 07:46 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM