The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
If we had any spare medals, one should immediately be awarded to Howard for strength and courage far beyond any editorial call of duty. The LCES tour celebrating the centenary of the Small Car Trials never intended the full mileage or every climb, and I have yet to hear of anyone managing the reduced mileage.  Of course it rained, this is Wales, and since the construction of the bridge at Beulah there is no longer any fear of being washed downstream in what could be a very deep ford. The big question is, did any Chummies manage Bywlch y Groes? 
For the seriously brave, the full Small Car Trial tour beckons on Friday 17th and Saturday 18th May. You do not have to say that your car is even faintly original, entry numbers are so low that anyone dropping a Flathead V8 into an Austin Ten chassis will be most welcome. And whilst cars are meant to be pre1940, a number of hopeful participants have no chance of getting their machines ready, yes I know which Clyno bits have yet to be sourced let alone fitted, so we are also happy to accept fallback machines such as MGA and Pickersleigh Road products post 1945. 
The full nav notes are ready to be sent out so you can sit in the warm and dry at you kitchen table and mark up the routes. Also the historic booklet in PDF. Howard used some of the Austin Harris/LAT images in the recent Grey Mag. Partly due to the nature of PDF images and partly due to the constrained size of Grey Mag illustrations, I have had printed a number of copies of the historic booklet giving the many snaps in high definition and much larger size. 
So, fearless drivers of specials, Ulsters, Grasshoppers or almost anything please do not hesitate to contact me: stevekaytwo@btinternet.com

Messages In This Thread
Peak District well dressing - by Tony Griffiths - 31-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Genuine old and imitation new - by Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Crankcase machining - by Chris Garner - 29-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Massed ballon landing and A7 - by Tony Griffiths - 03-09-2023, 08:27 PM
RE: What have you done today with your Austin Seven - by Steve kay - 08-04-2024, 09:11 AM
Popping and not pulling well? - by Biddlecombe - 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM